• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Assume that's aimed at me? If so you are speaking shite if you think I'm an apologist
No, not just you but you don't think that only buying one player and pleading "sell to buy" is bullshit?

11. Wolves

Actual league position: 10th
Equal share: £79m
Facility fees: £15m
Merit payment: £29.2m
Commercial revenue: £5.6m
Total: £128.8m

That's a break down of money to the club from Sky for the 2021/22 season... We're skint ya know

No, not just you but you don't think that only buying one player and pleading "sell to buy" is bullshit?

11. Wolves

Actual league position: 10th
Equal share: £79m
Facility fees: £15m
Merit payment: £29.2m
Commercial revenue: £5.6m
Total: £128.8m

That's a break down of money to the club from Sky for the 2021/22 season... We're skint ya know

We "all" think it's bullshit, but it does seem to be the clubs excuse/reason/propaganda/strategy.

2020/21 financial headline: Wolves have released headline financial information for the year ending 31st May 2021, confirming a net profit, excluding exceptional items, of £18.4m during a period heavily impacted by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

We will then have the finances from 2021/22 to factor in.

Wages have risen a little but we still won't pay "silly money" for players. ST Prices went up and have risen again this year. The club are making proper money from shirt sales with the new Castore deal.
Everything is increasing from an outside point of view but the club STILL maintain an abide by FFP line and sell to buy.

I think they are talking shit, but that is just my opinion...

Recently things have been getting very

vdo4xmejt3751.jpg

the club STILL maintain an abide by FFP line and sell to buy.
Do they? Jeff did a year ago and then back pedalled on it. The stance right now is not spending more than we earn. So its not sell to buy because we need to do it to survive but thats how Jeff wants us and it seems that is to ensure we become an attractive investment opp or even the floating on stock market in 2,3 or 4 years time with no debt and clear sign that there would be a return on an investment.

Plenty to discuss on the strategy from Jeff and how its gamble on his targets (but then again firing money out like you are an Everton also has high risk elements.

End Note - Not me defending the club here, just saying what I have taken from the words from the club. I don't fully agree with it and think we should be somewhere between the self sustaining and Everton model.

Whilst i think the club line on our strategy is bollocks, i do have the caveat that the borrowing cash from Macquarie (sp?) does suggest **something** is amiss.

Please, please Wolves buy someone, anyone, so we can all get excited or at least have a player we can all hate on.

Whilst i think the club line on our strategy is bollocks, i do have the caveat that the borrowing cash from Macquarie (sp?) does suggest **something** is amiss.
I think that's just the Utd model and would follow Fosun as a group.

They've essentially given the risk to Macquarie but at a price to us.

Hello everyone! Not sure if this is the right topic, if not please redirect me.

I'm Portuguese and this is my first post on your forum. I just finished my Master Degree in Big Data Applied to Football and I selected Wolverhampton (a club that I have been following closely for the last seasons for obvious reasons) to serve as subject for my end of Master Project, and would like to share the results with you.

I, and a colleague of mine, developed a proposal for the Summer Transfer Window for Wolves, resorting to Wyscout Data, Python and Machine Learning Techniques.

To put it simply, we defined from over 60+ metrics what would the most valuable be for each position in the Wolves model of play (Center Back, Wing Back, Midfielder, Winger and Striker), and via a machine learning model created with python we clustered the results and ranked them subsequently. In the end we used a pinch of human judgement in order to remove from the equation players that were either realistically unnatainable for Wolves and players that no longer are available on the market (Kolo Muani for instance, which would have made it as a top 1 pick for the Striker position).

Take the Market Value figures with a pinch of salt as this is Transfermarkt data and not fiable or realistic in some cases.

I will not attach the full work but just the conclusions we took out of it. Hope you enjoy the work and effort we put into this, and maybe we'll see if any of these players will make it to Wolves during this transfer window (Nathan Collins ranked 51st on our model for center backs, for instance). I really wish Lage can succeed and have the best season yet for Wolves this year.

Cheers!

(Just in case you can't see the PDF I will attach the content with images. They are resized in order to comply with the limits of the forum, and thus not as clear as the PDF)

1.png
2.png
Picture1 (2).png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png

Attachments

• TFM (ENG) - Summer Window Transfer Planning Wolverhampton - Conclusions.pdf
    795 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Plenty of depth at the back, plenty of depth in the wide positions (even if Hwang and Adama aren’t the best, we’re not getting another body in there without a sale). But zero depth upfront and little depth in CM. Cundle and Ronan can’t be considered serious options in there, Ronan maybe in the 433 and they apparently want a loan for Cundle anyway.

Being linked to Hoffenheim’s Stefan Posch. Who is of course… a defender.

I'd have thought we'd need to be selling one of Kilman, Coady or Boly for anything to be in that

Not aimed at anyone on here, more The Athletic comments, who I assume lack legacy fans. There is a general if not universal acceptance that Coady wouldn’t be in our best 2 centre halves if we go 4 at the back, but can we please stop offering him up as a midfield option. He couldn't hold down a place there in a bang average Wolves Championship team.

Back