• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I meant the theory that all players who do well in Holland go on to do shit elsewhere.

It varies hugely.

From Van Wolfswinkel and Alves to Suarez and RvN.

The thing I don't get about a lump, any lump is we don't have the players to feed him. It just doesn't make any sense, we don't have one good crosser of the ball in open play apart from Traore when the blue moon is out and Chiquinho who's out until the New Year at best

The thing I don't get about a lump, any lump is we don't have the players to feed him. It just doesn't make any sense, we don't have one good crosser of the ball in open play apart from Traore when the blue moon is out and Chiquinho who's out until the New Year at best
Thinking about it, that's why Ben Yedder makes sense. A nippy tricky forward who doesn't rely on aerial presence.

That seems to fit what they are drilling here too

Whilst I get that is an unopposed practise you can hear Bruno shouting "touch, touch, touch" and quick etc, throughout. It's clear he wants quicker and sharper drilled attempts to break the lines around the box from the looks of it.

That seems to fit what they are drilling here too

Whilst I get that is an unopposed practise you can hear Bruno shouting "touch, touch, touch" and quick etc, throughout. It's clear he wants quicker and sharper drilled attempts to break the lines around the box from the looks of it.
Watching those drills, they seemed a little simple and dated.

Little Liam said today was a warm down day before 4 games in 5 days
The intensity wasn't what I meant. It was more the organisation and style of the training.

One person running, flat delivery, one touch and shoot. It's a bit early 2000's.

If its true the idea is to play Neto on the left (not sure why, he would seem far better cutting in from the right, but w/e) then between him and Podence on their natural sides might be able to improve the crossing side of things.

I'd rather we just be able to create more/better in general but at this point we're almost in beggars can't be choosers territory when it comes to goals

Benteke would be an interesting contrast to a certain W Jose as to who could be the more disinterested waste of space

Look at WJ's goals before and after Wolves. I'm not suggesting he didn't give up, he did, but he was a ridiculous fit, terribly scouted

Was this not what you were saying here?
“Terrible league for assessing goalscorers”. It is?
Says what I meant right there.

What it doesnt say is “all players who do well in Holland do shit elsewhere”. That would be stupid thing to say?

Good players can play there. But having a good goalscoring record there means very little. Same as Kris Boyd had a good record in Scotland, doesn’t mean he would be good elsewhere, but doesn’t mean Henrik Larson with his good record wouldn’t.

Shit players have good records in shit leagues. Good players have good records in shit leagues. The league doesn’t suck out your talent and mean you won’t succeed elsewhere. Just going at 1 in 2 in Holland doesn’t mean you’ll be a good goalscorer in a big league. That is all, nothing ground breaking.

You listed the players that had failed in England and been good in Holland, the point you were trying to make might have been better emphasised if you'd listed the good players too, because you didn't I missed the point you were trying to make. Apologies.

Back