• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I'm not sure what the šŸ¤£ is for Punts?
I said ā€œterrible league for assessing goalscorersā€. There was no hidden meaning, that is what I meant. You reading it wrong does not mean I need to emphasise it better.

Accepting you read it wrong was fine. Blaming me for it less so.

It was far from blaming you for it by telling you how you might have expressed your point better?

Although it's interesting that yesterday when someone misunderstood what i was saying, and doubled down that you were quick to side with them.

Cliques gotta click though I guess x

Watching those drills, they seemed a little simple and dated.
Think that's a tad unfair, it's very similar to tons of drills you'd see many other pro sides running if you watch any other club material, football focus or whatever the current BBC variant is called or any number of Sky Sports style views of training.

Think that's a tad unfair, it's very similar to tons of drills you'd see many other pro sides running if you watch any other club material, football focus or whatever the current BBC variant is called or any number of Sky Sports style views of training.
I don't think that's true. I think if you were watching a Klopp finishing session you'd see something faster and different.

Pep's would be different in the movement of the ball and particularly the movement of more players.

Lage's seem a bit static and simplistic.

Maybe it was put on especially for the cameras and PR purposes and I'm being harsh. I hope so.

We see what they want us to see tbf.

Also seems to do plenty of possession practices with transitions in them, as well as the unopposed practices you see (which I agree with bmb, you see most pro sides do).

Watching those drills, they seemed a little simple and dated.
You should write to them and point this out. I'm sure you could use your big football brain to coach the team to success, particularly as you are clearly well placed as a prominent member of an internet message board to offer a fresh perspective on training methods.

You should write to them and point this out. I'm sure you could use your big football brain to coach the team to success, particularly as you are clearly well placed as a prominent member of an internet message board to offer a fresh perspective on training methods.
Got to love Mixers. Bellends to a man.

You're one of these people think nobody is allowed to challenge the club on anything. Noted.

Last edited:
We see what they want us to see tbf.

Also seems to do plenty of possession practices with transitions in them, as well as the unopposed practices you see (which I agree with bmb, you see most pro sides do).
Yeah I get that.

It wasn't the unopposed nature I thought was a bit dated more the way it was set up. All a bit linear.

I don't think shouting 'touch' is a particularly good look on a coach.

Last edited:
I would love Emmanuel Dennis from Watford. Should be in our price range on fee and wages, no problem.

Stood out in an awful team last year and got a load of PL goals too - canā€™t believe there hasnā€™t been more interest in him.

He was noticeably their best player (not a high bar, granted) in both games against them last year.

I reckon Ā£18m and Ā£70k a week gets him.

I would love Emmanuel Dennis from Watford. Should be in our price range on fee and wages, no problem.

Stood out in an awful team last year and got a load of PL goals too - canā€™t believe there hasnā€™t been more interest in him.

He was noticeably their best player (not a high bar, granted) in both games against them last year.

I reckon Ā£18m and Ā£70k a week gets him.
That's a great shout, I'm surprised he hasn't moved already

Agreed, but it's what Liam Keen is saying - sell to buy, low level deals on youngsters or loans with an option. He'll be getting that from the club, although I appreciate that doesn't mean they are telling him the truth

Agreed, but it's what Liam Keen is saying - sell to buy, low level deals on youngsters or loans with an option. He'll be getting that from the club, although I appreciate that doesn't mean they are telling him the truth
If it is the case, it's a little surprising we managed to persuade even someone with Collins profile to sign.

You can fully understand why players like Moutinho, Neves and even Traore are hesitant to sign new deals if this is our "ambition" in the transfer market.

If it is the case, it's a little surprising we managed to persuade even someone with Collins profile to sign.

You can fully understand why players like Moutinho, Neves and even Traore are hesitant to sign new deals if this is our "ambition" in the transfer market.
I think the lad we were linked with yesterday from Monaco is a classic loan with an option candidate, whereas Dennis isn't. Ā£3m for a season and another Ā£15m next Summer if we want him.

Iā€™d be surprised if thereā€™s anything in the Benteke link. Would have thought wages would be an issue.

That said, if we are after a ā€œbig lump up topā€, heā€™d be ideal.

I can't believe people are STILL happy to be apologists for the club with regards to signings!

Ā£15m over a 4 yr contract = a little under a Ā£4m spend for a player. We've made a ton of money and have our PL place money as well as Sky money. The cunts just won't compete in the market!

Back