• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

The bit that doesn't stack up to me is the amount we want for him is based on the fact he only has a year left and that or more will likely be spent on the replacement so it's not about putting money into the coffers. So just offer him a new contract if that's what you are considering anyway. It doesn't exactly feel particularly commited to any direction
Basically if we offer him a new deal, I don’t know, another 2 years like we did with João, we are then going to be giving him away for free then most likely. So if decent value comes in that they think they can reinvest whilst solving the GK position longer term, then they will do it but also realise it’s not an amount “they can’t refuse” and aren’t forced into is as he’s happy here.

So it’s the balancing act of does it make sense financially and from a footballing perspective. Depends on the success of the replacement doesn’t it.

And there is the problem with Rui. Made a couple of worldly saves the other night but let’s that goal in tonight (should be saving it).

Really like Sanches. I know he was dreadful at Swansea, but I’d have him here without doubt.

As mentioned on the Euros thread, Dias has sold him down the river a bit there. Don't turn your back and certainly don't duck out of the way!

Sanches has got his game back together, I'm not convinced he's what we need but he's a good player.

Do not want Palhinha based on what I've seen, just a slow clogger.

Well looking like we can sort out the Rui/Neves/Mout shit this week then. At least it won't drag on for a few more weeks

Contradicts Spiers position though doesn't it?
Maybe, maybe not.

If we take Rui's mate word, then he has spoke to no one and Jorge has been dealing with things. So right now, Jorge has no doubt talked money for Rui with Roma and come to a figure he has decided Rui will be happy with. He has then spoke with Jeff to get an idea of a fee required to do business. All that is missing right now, is an official bid from Roma to set the wheels in motion

Contradicts Spiers position though doesn't it?
It does - but that is all that it does . Why keep repeating it ? It's almost as if he is bored and feels that he has to be seen to be doing something .

Maybe, maybe not.

If we take Rui's mate word, then he has spoke to no one and Jorge has been dealing with things. So right now, Jorge has no doubt talked money for Rui with Roma and come to a figure he has decided Rui will be happy with. He has then spoke with Jeff to get an idea of a fee required to do business. All that is missing right now, is an official bid from Roma to set the wheels in motion
All very boring/tedious isn't it?

I'm just looking forward for some solid news in terms of *incoming* players at this point.

Anyone driving down the Wergs Road this week might get the “exclusive” if there’s a Burke Bros van parked on his drive.

Gilmour going to Norwich on loan. Disappointed we aren't in for him on loan. I know there's the whole "not interested in loans unless we can sign them after" contingent on the board, but he would improve us.

Not if you have to replace them in a year's time, we've made no material gain out of it and we have no money coming in to replace him.

It's a waste of time for us as a club given where we are.

Not if you have to replace them in a year's time, we've made no material gain out of it and we have no money coming in to replace him.

It's a waste of time for us as a club given where we are.
To a degree, I get you. I'm not suggesting fielding a side full of loans - but the odd one or two here or there to improve the starting 11 right now, while some of the younger lads are able to develop in the background is an ideal scenario.

Someone like Gilmour would improve the central midfield and allow Moutinho a rest every now and again. Especially if/when Neves is off and the likes of OO can't be trusted as an outright first choice just yet.

I dunno, if we've got financial restrictions that will (in theory) be somewhat alleviated by the return to fans/being another year past our UEFA telling off/and having a million quid a month off the wage bill when Joao and Rui are out of contract - then having somebody that improves your first team, even if it's just for a year, is always worth doing. If it means we can buy 2 very good players, rather than buying 3 good players, then it's worth it

I don't see us finishing higher than 7th next season even in a best case scenario (nor do I see us winning a domestic cup), I don't think we'll finish below 14th unless Bruno really is terrible.

So I can't see the value in developing someone else's player and then we have to look again in 12 months.

For Norwich it makes sense as if he's the difference between them finishing 17th or 18th, that's a result for them.

Back