• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Olympiacos seem to be getting Areola to replace Sa. Got to say that seems like a pretty good deal for them.

Could of sworn I saw people talking highly of Sa on here a year or two a go. Maybe even around the time we played them in Europe

Kenny still is tbf. I don't have an opinion based on his play. I do have a concern as to whether he's the best option or the most convenient, but will need to see him play to have a real view.

Kenny still is tbf.
All this is based on is what I have seen from his 1 appearance versus us and some other games he has played in the Europa. I don't have a dossier on him (I should start doing that though...). Said earlier I have seen more of him than Ward (and that includes watching Ward play at Molineux). Prefer if Rui stayed though or we did a greater search or pushed the boat out but I think Sa will be decent replacement. Upgrade/Downgrade Kepa/Ederson etc will only know when he gets here, which is seemingly nailed on now.

Always good to read at what fans say as well. They seem to be of the same opinion that I am with Neves. Ideal world would keep him but understand he will want to move on and up and they and seem happy that he will join us.

Last edited:
Leicester did him over. They said they were selling Kasper to Chelsea then changed their mind.

Now there's a keeper who changed my mind! Kenny and I saw him for Cov against us in 2008 and we both confidently stated that if his Dad wasn't Peter Schmeichel, he wouldn't get a League Two gig. He did look shite then, mind.

Leicester did him over. They said they were selling Kasper to Chelsea then changed their mind.

Now there's a keeper who changed my mind! Kenny and I saw him for Cov against us in 2008 and we both confidently stated that if his Dad wasn't Peter Schmeichel, he wouldn't get a League Two gig. He did look shite then, mind.
Hadn't just come up from L2 as well? Part of the crazy 3 months at Notts County.

He was proper dodgy in those days though. Clearly the influence of Micky Stowell at Leicester changed his game...

Think Notts was after. Was on loan from City.

I didn't rate him at Leeds either.

Just checked Wiki and you are of course correct.

Only 9 league games on loan for Cov City and didn't realise he basically did a full season at Notts C (43 appearances). My point on Micky Stowell still stands though...

The thing is you have this raft of negative potential outcomes with no balance, and then use that as the foundation for some doomsday hypothesis.
It's my hypothesis though. I couldn't care less for yours. That in a nutshell.

I keep saying it, but if you don't want to see other opinions then make your own forum up so you can pat yourself on the back all the while.

Not all of us are drinking the fosun/mendes koolaid. I think they've made a mistake. Whether you, or anyone else doesn't agree with that view doesn't matter a fuck to me. Not one person will convince me until i see it happen on the pitch next season, and that is a big IF...

What mistake do you think they've made?
Getting rid of Nuno,and all his back room staff, and replacing him with someone with way less PL experience. Which has also opened the door to our decent players leaving. I don't think they thought it through.
I'm not the only one who thinks that, but i'll be the only one people choose to disagree with.

Getting rid of Nuno,and all his back room staff, and replacing him with someone with way less PL experience. Which has also opened the door to our decent players leaving. I don't think they thought it through.
I'm not the only one who thinks that, but i'll be the only one people choose to disagree with.
Lots of successful Premier League managers didn’t have Premier League experience when they were appointed. I don’t understand your logic, if PL experience was a pre-requisite for you then the potential list of candidates was going to be quite limited.

Lots of successful Premier League managers didn’t have Premier League experience when they were appointed. I don’t understand your logic, if PL experience was a pre-requisite for you then the potential list of candidates was going to be quite limited.
I'm not asking you, or anyone else to understand my logic. It's my opinion, whether you like it or or not is irrelevant to me.
I didn't want Nuno to go. He has gone, but he's gone because we are supposedly upgrading on him. You can paint the new manager in any colour you like, but he's not an upgrade on Nuno, that is a fact.
Before he left we needed 3 players. It could be we not only have a completely new manager and back room staff, we might need half a first 11 if the rumours turn out to come to fruition. Not what i would call smart business.

Tbf Vic, the very act of posting on a discussion forum is effectively asking people to agree or disagree with the point you're making...
It isn't. It's just my point of view. I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree with it.

Back