• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

So, we're not signing Paulinho then?

Who knows? We won’t comment. We haven’t released anything. It will happen or it won’t.

Paulinho seems odd. If we've met the release clause, presumably the player would want to come. I don't really understand what's blocking it, unless of course for the reasons above

Paulinho seems odd. If we've met the release clause, presumably the player would want to come. I don't really understand what's blocking it, unless of course for the reasons above
They're busy sorting out Pacamac's refund so transfers are on hold.

Who knows? We won’t comment. We haven’t released anything. It will happen or it won’t.
What I meant was, it's obviously been in the media already. But people say we are a closed book.

I never said it was. You said no-one has a clue about our business on Twitter, yet if we are signing him they clearly are some people who get info.

We've been linked with around 30 or so players already in the last few weeks, chances are one of them will be right. Not worth 30 spaffs though is it?

There will be the odd one where a link comes from someone with contacts at the club of the player we are after. Most of them (twitter rumours) are nonsense, though.

Everything you need to know about Wolves business is the case study of Andre Silva, people were convinced we were after him, everyone was saying we were after him, people had a meltdown when we didn't get him, the club then said at the fans parliament they were never interested or bid, then the very next season fans started talking about us signing him again because they hadn't learned!

I am desperate for signings but not overall desperate for news, i check the rumours in here when bored but i never look into them further, it's pretty refreshing to be honest.

Well let's hope the Twitter rumours about Ghoulam are wrong. Only played 36 games in last 3 seasons and now 29

Well let's hope the Twitter rumours about Ghoulam are wrong. Only played 36 games in last 3 seasons and now 29

We only really need him to be fit until Jonny gets back really. If he lasts beyond that then great.

I can't really see the downside to this. A few years ago you'd be talking £30-40M for Faouzi Ghoulam.

Ghoulam is brilliant when healthy, as mentioned. I'd be looking at Hysaj from them, too, although I know much less about why he's fallen out of favor there so he could be less of a value add.

https://t.co/r0KRBxrJ8J

Jorge Mendes took to the field to find accommodation for Faouzi Ghoulam, an Algerian winger who expired his contract in 2022. And during the day a negotiation between Napoli and Wolverhampton began, a negotiation already in full swing and that can be realized. There are no agreements, but an interest that bodes well.

Well, he's not a winger, but sure.

He's 6ft 2, gives us another option rather than launching it at Docs head

Officially a fire sale at Barcelona. Open to offers for everyone bar Messi, ter Stegen, Lenglet, Samedo, Griezmann a couple of others and the promising kids like Fati and Puig.

Maybe we could have a look at Junior Firpo?

Back