• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I'd agree, would rather have the long term option as the first option but if there's no-one available that fits that bill or perhaps they're someone very young that you think will need longer to develop/settle in then I think a loan of a more experienced player would be useful to bridge that gap, such is Wolves need for that more dynamic forward thinking player from the centre of the park. However, in Ramsey's case fitness is always going to be a big worry and particularly with a short term deal that could render the whole thing pointless, would need his parent club to be picking up majority of his current wage to make it worth the punt I think, which is a shame because he's proved to be a fabulous player when he can keep himself fit for long enough to get a good run of games.

Ramsey has played 30-40 games each season over the last 3 seasons. Obviously nowhere near the mammoth 59 we played last season.

I'd see Ramsey as an 'option' for Moutinho. If we have the opportunity to get him in we should go for it. Real quality players and not afraid to work hard too.

Ramsey has played 30-40 games each season over the last 3 seasons. Obviously nowhere near the mammoth 59 we played last season.

I'd see Ramsey as an 'option' for Moutinho. If we have the opportunity to get him in we should go for it. Real quality players and not afraid to work hard too.

Played less than 30 last season, most of those as a sub. He wouldn't be doing anything like the same job as Moutinho in my eyes.

His minutes played is averaging around 2000 for the last four seasons which is OK but not great.

Rumours going around that Paulinho is off to CSKA

We are going to end up with Paul from this forum aren't we? I mean I will be delighted for the Hednesford resident after a tough year but I have my doubts over his ability on the pitch

He's on £400k a week no way would we condider him

We are going to end up with Paul from this forum aren't we? I mean I will be delighted for the Hednesford resident after a tough year but I have my doubts over his ability on the pitch

Paul pops up from nowhere for a tap in so he could be good

So the BBC story is taken from Corriere dello Sport via the Sun by the looks of it

"Corriere dello Sport write how the Old Lady have made the first move and have offered Welsh international Ramsey as a makeweight in the deal.

Ramsey, 29, is rumoured to be heading for the exit door following Andrea Pirlo's appointment.

The Italian has a hugely congested midfield and is believed to be open to offers for the former Arsenal man.

But Wolves have turned down the deal because they believe Jimenez is worth in the region of £90million.

The report claims that striker Gonzalo Higuain was also offered as part of a separate deal which was again turned down by the Premier League outfit.

Higuain, 32, flopped during his Premier League audition, scoring just five times in 19 appearances on his loan spell with Chelsea. "

Depends how much Juve are willing to continue paying him.

Got to wonder how much of their summer Juve are willing to waste on Raul.

They’ll end up with Lacazatte, I reckon. He’s done nothing of any note since moving to Arsenal. I can see Arsenal cashing in and him being much more affordable than Raul. Strange times!

Higuaín?! Jesus did you see the size of him when lockdown ended? LOL

Couple of rumours on Twitter. Ryan Nyambe from Blackburn (the Namibian Cafu, no less) for £8m and Jordao off to Famalicao on loan for a year.

I basically ignore twitter rumours about our transfer business. Nobody ever has a clue.

I basically ignore twitter rumours about our transfer business. Nobody ever has a clue.

Given the recent hit rate there aren't many sources that have a clue. I really can't be arsed to get worked up over rumours of incomings or outgoings anymore, I'll sex wee when they happen.

We are a total closed shop, just like Liverpool are under Klopp. Look at them a fortnight ago. Put the Lewis rumour out to get Olympiacos back to the table over Tsimikas and sent someone to our game (presumably with our assistance) to get the deal done.

I like our secretive approach to business. Getting in the media to get fans wanking and then deals fall through is a pointless activity. Comment when it’s done.

Back