• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

If we want a new keeper then ideally Angus Gunn from Southampton or Alex McCarthy.

I'd prefer Gunn but McCarthy has a few years in him

Both are better than Ruddy

They just paid 10million plus for Gunn, they aren't selling him for less than that and he wouldn't start over Patricio.

We don’t need a new keeper. Simple as that. We have Patricio and Ruddy, then Norris and then the Scandinavian kid who is also very highly regarded.

Keeper is just about dead last on our list of needs. Why is this even a discussion?

Was going to post that article if it hadn't been already. A good read.

giphy.gif

In other news future Wolves player Joao Felix hit a hattrick last night against (10 men) Frankfurt
Well, that escalated quickly :icon_biggrin:
Please let him stay at Benfica for another couple of seasons :nod:

Ryan Babel would be ideal for us to come off the bench. He's 32 but is still fit and has loads of experience.

He won't want to play in the Championship for Fulham, so Wolves should go and get him IMO.

I don't think that's a bad shout as long as we signed another forward as well. I'd have rather seen him come off the bench yesterday than Cav, Costa or Traore

Babel was a signing where I thought Fulham had lost the plot and were gambling on someone over the hill to try and get safety. However, his fitness standards are excellent and the skill levels are definitely still there. I wouldn't be averse to taking a gamble on him as a backup.

Babel was a signing where I thought Fulham had lost the plot

It was. Regardless of how good he looked for them, they didn't need him. Until they plugged the defence and defensive midfield holes then they could have signed the worlds greatest forwards and they still would have gone down.

Lots of talk amongst the Geordies that they aren't particularly close to signing Rondon. Ashley being a knob, as usual.

I know us and Albion don't do business as a rule but he has a release clause, £16m, so it's not really up to them. Yes or no?

I like Rondon, so yep

Conor Coady will agree as well...

So perhaps wouldn't want to play right wing back...

I'd have Rondon if he's happy to play 2nd fiddle to Jota and Jiminez, think he could do some of the work Raul does and can be a bit more of a physical presence if required

Lots of talk amongst the Geordies that they aren't particularly close to signing Rondon. Ashley being a knob, as usual.

I know us and Albion don't do business as a rule but he has a release clause, £16m, so it's not really up to them. Yes or no?

Oh yes please

Would give us genuine options up front and makes 343 workable too

Back