• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Raul has retweeted it from our various accounts. Lovely stuff. What a man.

No chance that Adidas post has anything to do with us. The Jimenez deal probably wasn’t hammered out with that post was made.

No chance that Adidas post has anything to do with us. The Jimenez deal probably wasn’t hammered out with that posy was made.
Because it takes so long to put 3 black stripes on a gold background and post it on Instagram. They've probably had people working on it round the clock.

Because it takes so long to put 3 black stripes on a gold background and post it on Instagram. They've probably had people working on it round the clock.

The picture was put up three days ago.

No chance that Adidas post has anything to do with us. The Jimenez deal probably wasn’t hammered out with that posy was made.

Bit of a coincidence, don’t you think?

Wolves are constantly putting out social media posts that tag Raúl or are about him (more so than any of our other players). It’s no surprise considering he has 3.1 million followers himself (Wolves have under 400k on the official account). They’re clearly trying to push the numbers up on the social media accounts and imagine what it would do having the likes of Adidas tweeting about us. So basically, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

No chance that Adidas post has anything to do with us. The Jimenez deal probably wasn’t hammered out with that post was made.

I think you're going to look exceptionally stupid tomorrow.

I'm a realist. But you vastly underestimate Raul's pull in Latin America. Add that to our break out season - it's exactly the sort of marketing event Adidas would jump on.

£50 to charity if you're feeling confident we're all wrong? I'll reciprocate if it's nothing to do with Wolves.

Exceptionally stupid’s a bit much, no? I’ll gladly cop to being wrong if that is the case, I just don’t think it is.

Not really in a position to give away 50 quid at the moment anyway, so I won’t be taking you up on that, ta.

Who else in Adidas's portfolio plays in gold yellow and black?

Perfect time to do it with Raul signing at the same time. Probably did his signing to coincide with a new kit on purpose.

Exactly, it's not like they couldn't have had the deal done days if not weeks ago and just wanted a good spot to announce it. Pre-semi final seems as good as any.

If you want to give the fans a nice boost to make them extra enthusiastic before our first showpiece in over 20 years, announcing Jiminez on a perm and giving a nice preview of next seasons kit is a pretty good way to do it (assuming the kit isn't a dog of course!)

New tweet from Wolves. A simple

"12.30pm"

Right, off to twitter to start looking at new tweets!

Back