• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Real Madrid fans seem fairly pissed off about this, but then Real Madrid fans seem to be pissed off about everything at the moment.

My barman is a Real Sociadad fan, he says he is a cracking player.

He's been crippled by injuries since joining Real.

He was very, very highly regarded when he broke through. No real surprise he didn't manage to dislodge Pepe or Ramos and the injuries certainly won't have helped him either. He's supposedly good with the ball, so could offer support for Coady too.

Never heard of the guy, sounds like a future prospect or a desperation "couldnt get 1st and 2nd and 3rd choice" move, lets hope hes not the only defensive signing if it happens.

Jorge Mendes at Molineux tonight.

Tim -

Jesus Vallejo has just been into the Wolves dressing room to meet his new team mates #wwfc

That’s one in the bag then. Hope that wasn’t the only reason Mendes was there.

Even I've heard of Vallejo and know he's an upgrade. That should be guarantee enough for any of you football nerds.

On the way into town passed by loads of Astons and Bentleys that then turned to the Mol at five ways. Either the Sheikhs were going to Asda or shit is going down. You heard it here first.

So this was BEFORE the match and you're telling us now? This is hardly "Bergkamp renting in Perton" levels of ITK.

Squeeze pointed them out. I told Kenny and Dan but you were too late on parade. I don't like to repeat myself.

According to Sky

"Jesus Vallejo to medical at Wolves today ahead of a season-long loan.
Wolves do not have an option to buy Vallejo who has two years left on Real Madrid deal"

According to Sky

"Jesus Vallejo to medical at Wolves today ahead of a season-long loan.
Wolves do not have an option to buy Vallejo who has two years left on Real Madrid deal"

I reckon we see him as a good option for this season - in that he can step in to the starting 11 straight away (if required), but would also be happy to rotate with Bennett depending on how thick & fast the games come & won't kick a fuss up if he's on the bench. From Wolves point of view, we might only see him as a short term fix & then aim higher the year after if we continue to improve this season.

OR, Real Madrid don't want to sell him & told us it's a loan or nothing.

Either way, happy that we have another body through the door. I do wonder where this leaves us with Ruben Dias etc.

I do wonder where this leaves us with Ruben Dias etc.

My view is this our safety net for Dias not happening. We get Dias over the line then Jesus essentially replaces Saiss as cover for the defence and probably allows us to rest Coady in the League Cup (poor chap only gets games off if he is suspended) if Dias doesn't happen then Saiss remains an option in defence if we are short

Back