• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Still no panic here, there is still time. No one knows where we are with our targets, who they actually are etc. I dont for one second believe we're not very busy behind the scenes trying to get deals done.

Sure, I'd be fucked off if the window closes leaving us with a very thin squad but we're not at that point yet.

We all invest time and emotion following Wolves and the last two seasons have been incredible. I'm sure we will sign players but the longer we leave it, the less likely we are going to get players we really want. If we make a couple of poor signing and suffer a couple of key injuries a lot of the momentum we currently have could easily be lost. If we struggle to sign players after finishing 7th and impressing almost everyone then a drop to lower mid-table will make recruiting top players even more difficult. I think fans have every right to express concern given our squad makes Kate Moss look like a bloater.

I wouldnt know. Not my thing. I assumed it was something you downloaded and had visuals

I'll give you a pass as it speaks factually rather than conjecture, as per Pav earlier today that would seem done. Naturally, I know nothing about him

“The centre-back, 23, is rated as one of the best prospects in Europe.“

Sounds good, though I don’t think I’d ever heard of him before!

Spiers? He rowed back on it on the podcast, particularly Dias
The one from the weekend?

Thankfully someone on Twitter posted the time they started to talk about transfers...I caught the opening 30 seconds of the cast and wanted to kill.

All he said on Dias was if it was a dead end it would be over by now. He seems to think the clubs are talking which indicates Benfica are open to some sort of a deal.

No panic here, Nuno obviously doesn't see Cav and Costa as options anymore which is why they have left.

Still think we will see 2-3 quality additions, which is what we are aiming for. Improve the squad, not increase the numbers

The one from the weekend?

Thankfully someone on Twitter posted the time they started to talk about transfers...I caught the opening 30 seconds of the cast and wanted to kill.

All he said on Dias was if it was a dead end it would be over by now. He seems to think the clubs are talking which indicates Benfica are open to some sort of a deal.
We're obviously trying to negotiate a lower fee than his release clause. Mendes is likely involved making it more complicated too.

I can see this window being a struggle for a lot of teams until the final few days of the window. It closes 3 weeks before the rest of Europe, and clubs know that. The longer they hold out, the more desperate they hope we'll get and pay what they want.

I can see lots of deals being done late this time round. I just hope we don't refuse resolutely to play ball and miss out on them all.

Never understood why we wanted to close our transfer window early. Who does it actually benefit?

Other teams haven’t done a huge amount of business, but our direct rivals have, and you’d argue their need isn’t as great as ours.

We're obviously trying to negotiate a lower fee than his release clause. Mendes is likely involved making it more complicated too.
I think any hold up will be persuading Dias rather than the fee

I doubt we'll just "add to cart" on him. We're bound to be using Mendes and his promises to try and secure a lower fee.

The fee that will be the issue is his and what % he takes

I don't think we'll get him, but it's worth pursuing as long as we get someone else in as well as our Bennett upgrade. Unexpectedly get Dias and we get our Coady upgrade earlier than expected. Would be silly to put all our eggs in that basket.

Back