• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I think any hold up will be persuading Dias rather than the fee
Think persuading any player could be an issue with the early deadline. Got to be a really good sell to the player to make them think they're making the right choice and not have them waiting around for another few weeks seeing what's on offer from other European sides.

From Joel's description it sounds as though Dias is more a Bennett style player but better on the ball.

Think so too. But Benfica plays with 4 at the back (two CBS, 2 right/left back)

Alan's right. With another defender it should alleviate some, but probably not all as he would still have to deal with more pressure and attacks than he does at Benfica

The fee that will be the issue is his and what % he takes

It is quite public that Mendes gets 10% of every Benfica deal he does. Even Felix.

Cutrone came off the bench for Milan v Bayern a few hours ago.

I think the Cutrone ship has sailed. What's plan B for our back-up striker?

Not trying to bedwet, but I’m starting to get a really nasty feeling.

I think the Cutrone ship has sailed. What's plan B for our back-up striker?
Not necessarily. Correa who Milan are trying to sign from Atletico played earlier as well.

Until the point that players have agreed to move they will still use them. Not talking about reserve team players or unwanted ones here. If the Mendes triple move collapses there is only Andre Silva who will find himself out of the picture at his current club.

You can't read much into someone playing on a pre season tour if they are already there. Bale played for Madrid last night for instance

Crackpot theory

We were never in for either Dias or Cutrone - we were doing Mendes a favour by bringing their names into focus to flush out any other interest (similar to the Konsa) situation.

giphy.gif

This

I was starting to worry until we got some more solid looking links last week plus how well we played in China calmed me down, now I’m starting to get edgy again - 15 days isn’t very long.

Im more worried about the lack of prospects, everyone left on the market is either extremely unlikely to want to come here or not good enough to improve the first team.

Everyone? Not a single footballer on this planet that is available or would fancy living in Tettenhall. Jeff and Kev might as well go on their holidays then

Everyone? Not a single footballer on this planet that is available or would fancy living in Tettenhall. Jeff and Kev might as well go on their holidays then

As long as they're back in the Country on 8th August

Panic over lads. Rumours site says Dias and Fernandes are signing - plus Cisse - and the Sky cameras are on their way to Compton. Phew...

Seen it reported that the Silva to Monaco deal is off due to either mendes’ fee or personal terms which has put the other deals on hold.

Seen it reported that the Silva to Monaco deal is off due to either mendes’ fee or personal terms which has put the other deals on hold.

Reports in Italy he failed the medical

Twitter is becoming unbearable. I do understand people's concerns (though I don't completely share their concerns just yet) but as is always the case with social media, people seem to take it too far, and it becomes a minefield of attention seekers who appear to be desperate to be THE most concerned/annoyed/desperate.

The poor folk on run the Wolves Twitter account get my sympathy. Put up details of tickets for next week and get bombarded with every insult and swear word under the sun because it is not a new signing

Back