• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Twitter is becoming unbearable. I do understand people's concerns (though I don't completely share their concerns just yet) but as is always the case with social media, people seem to take it too far, and it becomes a minefield of attention seekers who appear to be desperate to be THE most concerned/annoyed/desperate.

The FIFA kids are overrunning it with it being school holidays. Apparently they know everything about every player in the world, even more so than people who have actually watched said players in real, genuine action multiple times.

I neither understand or share their concerns. It’s not like this is the first ever transfer window - sometimes clubs do deals early, sometimes late and sometimes not at all. The club probably have several names lined up for each position they are after and it would be stupid to go after the most likely to satisfy a bunch of people on social media who possess neither the patience or maturity to comment rationally.

I don't for one minute think the club are bothered about social media or satisfying any fans when it comes to transfers.

I think it's negligent that the club haven't signed anybody yet as players signed now are unlikely to be ready for the season or a fledgling European campaign.

It does depend from player to player. Of course Donck took ages to be ready (too heavy to play for us for a start when we bought him) but Leo went from Birmingham Airport to the first XI in less than 48 hours.

I don't think a week or two either way makes much difference, though of course if we sign no-one then we do have a problem.

I think we can make do with the players we have for a few games, they managed okay enough last season.

New players can come in and get up to speed later in the window, no problem.

I think we can make do with the players we have for a few games, they managed okay enough last season.

New players can come in and get up to speed later in the window, no problem.

I buy this to an extent...its likely Raul will be behind the others in terms of fitness/sharpness and two of the most likely players to fill the gap that creates (or come off the bench when he's blowing out of his arse at 60 mins) have been loaned out. I'm not at all sure how we change a game that isn't going to plan...I'm not convinced that Traore or Ennis will be the answer...

From the oracle

Nuno on transfers: "We know what we have to do, the approach on the market is being done on the club. We still have time, things will go normally." #wwfc

From the oracle

Nuno on transfers: "We know what we have to do, the approach on the market is being done on the club. We still have time, things will go normally." #wwfc

Twitter is now full of people trying to crack the code behind Nuno's words.

The original oracle

Cutrone?
Nuno: "I will not speak about players not in the squad. Speculation is normal but we don't care and we don't say anything about it.

The original oracle

Cutrone?
Nuno: "I will not speak about players not in the squad. Speculation is normal but we don't care and we don't say anything about it.

Twitterati code breaker translation:

"I don't have enough players. Everyone is right to panic and if I talk about it I'll get fired. Look at me - they've not even bought me a razor."

#weredoooooooomed

I must admit to being a tad concerned about our squad.

I'd be a bit more comfortable if we'd hung onto Cavaleiro

Personally not arsed about Cav. Liked him, but he's no kind of answer up front and I suspect his level is very high Championship. MGW looked better in the Asia Trophy than he ever did in that role.

No point hanging on to players who have no role to play. It's not a numbers game.

I think there is an element of numbers at play given how busy were going to be.

There is literally MGW before we're looking at Ennis / Bright

Nuno obviously doesn't see Cav as an option for us going forward so he has been allowed to leave. If Nuno had wanted him for Europa games or anything else he wouldn't have left

Does Vinagre signing a new deal count as a signing?

Potentially the best player we have, so good news

Just got back from lunch...ok i have suspended working until 1st September....fuck me it's 39c oday here.
BUT.............. i cannot find an Olympiacos fan, and yes i have been to the prawn sandwich bar (greek equivalent) and the loony bin and talked to them all, who doesn't tell me Cisse is a done deal, packing his cases, eating his last souvlaki and on the fucking plane.
Jeff Shi is no liar, he said what we were doing and he is doing it.
Ok not fast enough for many, but he doesn't look to me like a bloke looking to get fired from his favourite job ever!

Slightly odd as he was already signed up to 2023. But we need to keep him happy, give him what he wants within reason.

Back