• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Places in Wolverhampton are fine to live, but if you’re a 21 year old there’s literally nothing to do, nowhere really to eat etc. . At least Manchester way you can go shopping at the Trafford centre or into the city. Can’t do that unless you go into Birmingham which isn’t brilliant and isn’t an easy journey from West Wolverhampton.

I’m sure Neves isn’t too fussed because he’s got two kids and seems very mature for his age.

When I was 21 I can assure you I did not go to the Trafford Centre.

There are 100s of lovely places to eat within a 10 mile radius of Wolverhampton.

I would say it is difficult to beat the Staffordshire and Shropshire countryside.

Lots of footballers live in Four Oaks too. Easy enough to get to Wolverhampton or Brum.

Always thought it was weird cheshire is considered posh. Nice big houses and cleaner & greener that the rest of manchester, but I cant imagine any super drawing points for multimillionaire footballers. Its not exactly malibu. Not sure where id live in england if I had to pick, what are considered the best overall areas, cornwall, kent & essex?

Essex :icon_lol:

Anywhere you pick will have good and bad areas.

Isnt the south east (like essex) in general super expensive and considered posh?

Lots of footballers live in Four Oaks too. Easy enough to get to Wolverhampton or Brum.

Went for a drive with this good man a few weeks ago. We went from Stoke station (grim, and I always get lost) to an absolutely gorgeous bit of the world. 10-15 minutes. That's England.

Isnt the south east (like essex) in general super expensive and considered posh?

Property price are all expensive in the south and generally get cheaper the further you move up the country. Obviously there are odd areas north of London that are expensive, but generally that’s the rule.

Always thought it was weird cheshire is considered posh. Nice big houses and cleaner & greener that the rest of manchester, but I cant imagine any super drawing points for multimillionaire footballers. Its not exactly malibu. Not sure where id live in england if I had to pick, what are considered the best overall areas, cornwall, kent & essex?

I'd quit whilst you're behind.

Er, no.

Don't confuse price with quality.

There are nice places in Essex but it's not good overall. Southend, Dagenham, Barking, Basildon, Harlow, Colchester, Braintree, Canvey Island - none of these are places I would like to live.

Are there any nice midsize/large cities in england woth decent schools which arent as cold/windy/dark as manchester and expensive/dirty/cramped like london? Ive lived in both and although great if youre single not really the best places for raising kids with average means imo

I'd suggest you're living in the wrong places in both London and Manchester.

It gets cold in England sometimes (though not really that bad, winters are way harsher in Germany for instance), deal with it. We're part of a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Kent is the best bit of Britain IMO, loads of lovely seaside towns, nice resorts, nice scenery, cracking weather, good museums and history, and handy for getting over to France/Europe.

Back