• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I see everyone keep talking about these 2-3 mythical "top quality" signings... who are these top quality players, that are:
1) for sale or buyout clause under 40m or so
2) reasonable enough wages so we can afford them
3) not good enough for the top 6
4) be willing to choose wolverhampton over london and leicester

Did you really put willing to choose Wolverhampton over Leicester?

Well that was an enjoyable read...

Yes please to Ángel Correa. Would be absolutely perfect for our system.

Sounds like Spurs are the main competition. Correa might be offered as a makeweight to take Trippier to the Wanda Metropolitano.

At least, according to SSN. These swap deals are very rare so I think that will be unlikely. It sounds like this link has legs but we probably have to hope Spurs don’t need him, or we offer enough to get him independent of any Trippier deal.

Correa is a lovely player and as long as we get a CB, RWB and CF then it will look like a good piece of business.

Dubious about this. He played virtually every game for Atleti last season.

Would take Correa all day. Exactly the sort of player that fits in to our style on and off the pitch. Would definitely like a CB and a CF like Johnny says. A rwb would be nice but i think that could be difficult in terms of finding one with enough quality.

He would be the forward player.

——-Jota—————Jimenez

—————Correa

——Moutinho—-Neves

Dubious about this. He played virtually every game for Atleti last season.

Right now it is just another shove our name in an article link. Wouldn't back the story even if SSN are running it, especially after they seriously believed the Diego Costa shit from last week.

Possibly but we would pass it through there beautifully. Donck comes on for whichever of the front three is knackered late on and we revert to the tried and tested formation from the spring to finish matches.

He would be the forward player.

——-Jota—————Jimenez

—————Correa

——Moutinho—-Neves

That midfield would be a bit short. Might need the Donck in there for height.

Don't think Correa would do what we want/need from that player imo. He's a good second striker but the CF/CAM for me needs to be able to drop in to midfield at times, drive forwards, create and unlock defences. Not something Correa really does from what i've seen.

Height would be an issue i guess but wouldn't really be too bothered with that as long as the new CB was good in the air for set pieces etc.

I really don’t think we’ll be signing a RWB.

Not saying he's ITK, but Spiers has been consistent on us being after 3 players Forward, CM and CH

Correa has a bit of a dangerous dave goalscoring record and hes more of a winger/jota type forward, I dont really see him in a moutinho am role. Would love to sign him and be proven wrong obviously.

Apologies for the Leicester comment, wasnt a dig at wolverhampton, honest mistake for some reason I always thought Leicester was birmingham-esque in size

The two cities are very similar in size. I went to university in Leicester. Bits of it are nice, bits of it are alright, bits of it are fucking holes. Much like Wolverhampton really.

Correa can play from the right too if we wanted to go 3-4-3. He'd be an excellent signing.

Back