• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Agreed. I'd like a youngster, the next vinagre if you like, but I'd like to see Ruben and Doc start more often than not

Agreed. I'd like a youngster, the next vinagre if you like, but I'd like to see Ruben and Doc start more often than not
Jonny is better than both of them. If Vinagre wants to start he needs to out perform Doherty.

Or claim the place while Doc has his knock. Which he will. He has ridiculous star potential

Vinagre won't play on the right. Jonny would be moved to the right and Vinagre would play on the left.

3 into 2 for those spots

5 into 3 for CM

Ideally you might want another in both of those. But it's not a priority. Whereas we don't have dedicated CHs or CFs beyond what plays every week.

By the way this is not me endorsing buying "cover", a stupid idea.

Vinagre will want to be starting more often than not; if you're going to be a rotation option he could do thst at City. And Doc has to start over Jonny for me. The difference in their quality without the ball is nowhere near as big as the difference in quality with it

Sky reckon Trippier is off to Spain for a medical tomorrow at Atletico. Highly likely Correa will be going there.

Don't know why Atletico are bothering with Trippier. I wouldn't want him here, he's really not very good now, big weak link for Spurs last season.

Sky reckon Trippier is off to Spain for a medical tomorrow at Atletico. Highly likely Correa will be going there.
He seems, on paper at least, to be a bit similar to Son, Lamela and Mourawho are all excellent off a striker but aren't really an alternative option for Kane. I'd be surprised if he ended up there.

Would not describe Lamela as excellent at anything.

It's a £20m straight up deal for Trippier at the mo. And swap deals are rare as fuck outside FM and SSN rumour bollocks.

Correa has got to be worth more than Trippier!

If he goes to Spurs (which would be a good move tbf) it'll be a separate deal surely.

I would say Leicester has more to offer than Wolverhampton personally, decent shopping centre and town, bit more investment going on certainly, rentals are somewhat higher for commercial and domestic which tends to be a reasonable barometer.

Although you could claim one of our selling points is Wolves proximity to Bham without actually having to live there

Foreign footballers will want to live in Manchester/Cheshire or London. Anywhere else in the country will be seen as much of a muchness

I would say Leicester has more to offer than Wolverhampton personally, decent shopping centre and town, bit more investment going on certainly, rentals are somewhat higher for commercial and domestic which tends to be a reasonable barometer.

Although you could claim one of our selling points is Wolves proximity to Bham without actually having to live there
I mean, fair enough if you're the average family weighing up where to live but for a professional footballer? I highly doubt the quality of the shops in the Mander Centre vs Fosse Shopping Park is going to influence your decision.

In the DJ era quite a lot of our players used to live in Cheshire and travel in.

Ruben loves it round here. Often seen in Tesco Metro in Claregate.

Leicester central is a fucking dump.

Thought he'd moved out Stafford way?
Lots of people slate Wolverhampton as being crap,but if you're a footballer looking for a house,Shropshire isn't that far away with its decent houses Bridgnorth and out to craven arms way,then you've got down towards Kidderminster(if it's good enough for Robert Plant),and closer to home there's brewood(good enough for Jim lea out of slade),it's actually alright around here,well once you're away from town

Back