• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Are there any nice midsize/large cities in england woth decent schools which arent as cold/windy/dark as manchester and expensive/dirty/cramped like london? Ive lived in both and although great if youre single not really the best places for raising kids with average means imo

York, Chester and Shrewsbury to name three.

DW I dont mind the cold itself, it gets to -25 in sofia, just that brutal, relentless wind that tears at your flesh all the time, the constant rain, and not seeing that sun for weeks on end. This was around stockport & cheshire in manchester, zone 1&2 in london

The wind in Manc is nowt :icon_lol: Baltic stuff in Hamburg, now there's the real deal.

It does rain a lot but hey, so what. What can you do. Occasionally it's nice, you appreciate it all the more :D Kenny and I had a great weekend up there last month, lovely weather.

I loved living up there and I love going back. If I ever wanted to totally start again in the UK (not on the horizon, but you never know) then I would go back there.

Anything on a budget in or near central London is always going to be shit. Get out to the likes of Putney and it's awesome.

York, Chester and Shrewsbury to name three.

Bath got to be a contender in there.

Think if I could pick anywhere I'd go North-West Wales or Yorkshire Dales, beautiful countryside and not too distant from bigger towns/cities when needs be.

Think if I could pick anywhere I'd go North-West Wales or Yorkshire Dales, beautiful countryside and not too distant from bigger towns/cities when needs be.

Lovely up in North Yorkshire. Yarm, that way.

I did some work years ago in Richmond and North Allerton - really nice places

Kent is the best bit of Britain IMO, loads of lovely seaside towns, nice resorts, nice scenery, cracking weather, good museums and history, and handy for getting over to France/Europe.
Depends if you can handle the not particularly casual racism I suppose. Farage heartland

Durham of course.

You'll always be a fake Geordie to me though :D

Aye, I can't shake off living in Darlington for about 20 years sadly but Northallerton is my home. Grew up here and happily resettled here

Aye, I can't shake off living in Darlington for about 20 years sadly but Northallerton is my home. Grew up here and happily resettled here

Yep, it's where you settle. I grew up on the Wolves/Walsall border but I've spent more of my adult life here in Bilbrook than anywhere else and I love it here (even if I hate the country as a whole). This is my home.

Northallerton, Andy, all one word. I should know, I live here ;)

We'll excuse me!!

;-)

I think it was Richmond which had a river flowing through it with some falls near a castle? Stayed in a lovely b&b there

I might take the family to those parts for a holiday soon

Lovely up in North Yorkshire. Yarm, that way.

Found the Tees to be a surprisingly pretty river last time I went up that way, considering it's most easily associated with Middlesbrough, think it was Barnard Castle we happened across by accident when taking a more scenic route to Berwick, reminded me a bit of Bridgnorth.

I love the Cheviots. Everything I want and more. Its the place I hope to see out my years in.

Cambridgeshire is lovely but near to Cambridge is overpriced. Great transport links though.

Britain is chocked-full of lovely little villages. A good way to get to find them is to get on the AA pub guide and go exploring.

Someone mentioned Bridgnorth, but between there and Wolves there's another dozen delightful places to live, Claverley chief amongst them.

Back