• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Atletico Madrid agree £21.7m fee to sign Trippier. No mention of Correa. Hopefully that is good news for us.

Atletico Madrid agree £21.7m fee to sign Trippier. No mention of Correa. Hopefully that is good news for us.

I still say its a bullshit link

(in the hope that it matches my call on the first Neves signing for us story as bullshit)

Gary cahill on a free anyone? Hes been on a rapid decline admittedly, but tons of experience at highest levels and great backup.
Danny rose also available for 20-25m, great player imo if a bit inconsistent, him and vinage on the left and doc and johnny in the right and were set for fullbacks

Gary cahill on a free anyone? Hes been on a rapid decline admittedly, but tons of experience at highest levels and great backup.

God no. I'd rather bring back Jody Craddock.

I think your own phrase "rapid decline" speaks for itself. He wouldn't want to sit on the bench for another season and he certainly wouldn't make our best team

Im pretty sure hed be better as backup/rotation than an undersize, out of position saiss. We could be looking at 60+ competative games this season, we have exactly three center backs

I don't rate Cahill at all nowadays. Plus in the twilight of his career I doubt he wants to come and sit on the bench, also probably on higher wages than his role would be worth. I'd steer well clear.

Im pretty sure hed be better as backup/rotation than an undersize, out of position saiss. We could be looking at 60+ competative games this season, we have exactly three center backs

Nope, he's worse than Romain. At 6'1" (188cm) I'm not sure I'd call Saiss undersized for a CB.

Having said that, I can't see one poster that has said we don't need another CB. We know we do, Nuno knows we do and I'm pretty sure that we will get one.

Saiss is hardly out of position when he plays CB. He plays every game for Morocco as a CB. The issue with us is what side he plays. He did better on the right at the end of the season than he did in the pre-season and he did a good job covering for Boly when he was suspended (infact after the 3rd game some fans were suggesting he stays there.....Boly was having non of that shit though)

We dont need nesta and maldini vs the big lumper europa qualifying sides, most of the early domestic cup games vs league 1/championship sides and the newly promoted sides. He'll get 10-15 starts, we get to rotate and rest and protect coady/willy/beano. You have seen some of the eastern european sides play, its fucking brutal
If we dont sign another center back im saying hes a great backup option, for free
Even if saiss is better, isnt saiss supposed to be covering for donk and neves/moutinho? Were going to need a lot of rotation this season

We dont need nesta and maldini vs the big lumper europa qualifying sides, most of the early domestic cup games vs league 1/championship sides and the newly promoted sides. He'll get 10-15 starts, we get to rotate and rest and protect coady/willy/beano. You have seen some of the eastern european sides play, its fucking brutal
If we dont sign another center back im saying hes a great backup option, for free

I think his wage demands for a player that would only feature 10-12 times would make this a complete non-starter.

I don't think he's as bad as some on here are making out - and he would certainly do a job. But I just don't see him being a realistic fit for us.

Back