• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

The goal here will be to develop the player so that he goes on to have a good career and hopefully further the development of football in China.

I doubt anyone at Wolves has any expectation that he'll play first team football.

The goal here will be to develop the player so that he goes on to have a good career and hopefully further the development of football in China.

I doubt anyone at Wolves has any expectation that he'll play first team football.

Of course, but if you have a look at that forum they haven't seen anything to suggest he will.

He'll have a better career after a year or 2 in our academy than he would've if he stated at Bury.

We signed him from Oxford, which proves you haven't bothered to read the forum i posted which is the basis of my opinion.

You are right, but so am I in saying that it seems an odd signing.

We signed him from Oxford, which proves you haven't bothered to read the forum i posted which is the basis of my opinion.

I didn't read it because I don't care what half a dozen lower league fans think of a player who in all likelihood won't play a single minute of competitive football for Wolves.

The club he came from is irrelevant. He's been signed because of his ethnicity, just like most of the other Chinese players in our academy.

There was a good article on the E&S the other day. Essentially our Academy/U23 team has to fund itself so as well as looking for future stars for our 1st team we also have to bring in players we can sell for a profit. So we will start to see us nabbing players from teams with the aim to improve them enough to sell on. I would class this lad as one of them.

Don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape about it mate. It'll have cost us <£500k. Rafa Mir cost us £2m and it looks like he'll never play for us again. We paid £500k for Ben Stevenson, barely even spent a day here, he was just always on loan and then we got rid of him.

We'll take a punt on a lot of players, there is obviously another angle here, Fosun are desperate to have a player of Chinese ethnicity make it at Wolves.

Don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape about it mate. It'll have cost us <£500k. Rafa Mir cost us £2m and it looks like he'll never play for us again. We paid £500k for Ben Stevenson, barely even spent a day here, he was just always on loan and then we got rid of him.

We'll take a punt on a lot of players, there is obviously another angle here, Fosun are desperate to have a player of Chinese ethnicity make it at Wolves.

Who is bent out of shape?

Mir had obvious potential and had been rattling in goals, Stevenson also was a lower league player that had played a lot and had potential and was getting good reviews.

I just think it's an odd signing. The lad has played 8 league 1 games, he didn't play at all for Oxford last season, this isn't taking a punt on a player who has shown flickers of potential (Stevenson, Mir), this is buying someone who has shown absolutely nothing - thus why i think it is odd.

He played in the Dutch second tier last season. Not a great standard I'll grant you but he did play semi-regularly.

Stevenson couldn't get in Cov's team when we bought him and they were in L2 at the time. He played five league games in the first half of 2017/18. Mir had played virtually all his football in the Spanish third tier which is verging on amateur level.

He played in the Dutch second tier last season. Not a great standard I'll grant you but he did play semi-regularly.

Stevenson couldn't get in Cov's team when we bought him and they were in L2 at the time. He played five league games in the first half of 2017/18. Mir had played virtually all his football in the Spanish third tier which is verging on amateur level.

In the same way as you (justifiably) highlight us giving contract extensions to the likes of EEL, because it seemed weird. I am highlighting this in the same manner. At least with EEL it might have been with some (dim) hope we were protecting his value.

I'm just saying there isn't a massive difference between this and what we've been doing for a while now, plus you can read the interview above which spells it out, plus the obvious attraction to Fosun is there.

I thought you were a big fan of getting a social media buzz going overseas ;)

He'll be a footnote, I've already wasted more time this afternoon discussing him with you and making a Partridge joke on Twitter than his signing actually merits.

I'm just saying there isn't a massive difference between this and what we've been doing for a while now, plus you can read the interview above which spells it out, plus the obvious attraction to Fosun is there.

I thought you were a big fan of getting a social media buzz going overseas ;)

He'll be a footnote, I've already wasted more time this afternoon discussing him with you and making a Partridge joke on Twitter than his signing actually merits.

He only has 5k instagram followers....

Yes, that article does give more clarity to it all, i hadn't read that before.

One thing i have learned from this though - Lycan isn't a real Wolves fan...

He only has 5k instagram followers....

Yes, that article does give more clarity to it all, i hadn't read that before.

One thing i have learned from this though - Lycan isn't a real Wolves fan...
Excuse me?

Wind your fucking neck in.

I wonder if we will lose money on Mir?

He is still making the U21 Spain side and didn't do *too* badly on loan last year.

In fact i wouldn't be surprised to see him play in the early Europe games?

Brace yourself on Twitter, Villa close to signing the Brentford kid Konsa or whatever his name is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wonder if we will lose money on Mir?

He is still making the U21 Spain side and didn't do *too* badly on loan last year.

In fact i wouldn't be surprised to see him play in the early Europe games?

We haven't taken him on tour and he only had two sub appearances in the U21 tournament, Spain seem to have a real shortage of out and out forwards. We didn't even bother listing him in the international round up on the official website (but we did list Ronan, who has been out on loan for far longer).

I would say he did fairly poorly, Segunda Liga is miles below the Championship in terms of standard and he didn't hit double figures, even allowing for the team being shit and him playing some games out wide.

We're not getting £2m back for him and I'd be very surprised if he ever played a competitive first team game for us again.

Brace yourself on Twitter, Villa close to signing the Brentford kid Konsa or whatever his name is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12mill by all accounts, takes Villa spending to about £90mill already and I’d say they’ve probably only just reached parity in comparison to last season. Even still think they’ll have enough to survive.

Back