• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I though Besiktas was virtually a done deal? If theyve paid 20 mill for him Benfica are laffing

his good player can score 10 -15 goals , very dangerous in the last 30 meters amazing free- kick shooter.

He would be great for us, but if it doesn't happen, so be it. It's bloody nice to even be mentioned as in for such players.

Hard to say

We have a saying in Portugal, That the players are worth what you pay for them, he,s young and very promising player

The relative worth of money in football is always changing. 20million today is not nearly as much as 20million was even just a year ago.

He's not coming here ffs I told you days ago, forget him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martial 80 million

Depay 34 milhões

Gabriel barbosa 32 milhões

Joao Mario 50 Milhoes

Sterling 49 milhões

Crazy numbers but thats the market

He's not coming here ffs I told you days ago, forget him

No need to post so aggressively...No one on here was saying he was definitely coming but just debating why we were linked with him in the first place, the madness or not of the alleged fee and the fact that we are being linked to players of this calibre.
What did/do you prefer...Last season absolute dross of a transfer activity or this seasons "linked with everyone"? I know which one I've enjoyed more

Sorry if it came across as aggressive because it wasn't meant to be, I'm just sick of hearing about Talisca when the deal isn't going to happen, time to move on to other crap rumours lol

I'm getting confused why some posters and there seems a growing number, that think only certain rumours can be discussed.

Please can you put a list up of the rumours that we are allowed to discuss because I'm not too sure.

We are fully aware that some are bullshit, but this thread is for discussing rumours regardless of the likelihood.

The Talisca story is surely perfectly reasonable to discuss. It's been reported on numerous outlets, not just some guy up a tree.

If & when Talisca signs elsewhere, we can put to bed the notion that these papers from Portugal (A Bola) and various Journalists are somehow more informed than over here.

The *plausibility* of signing Talisca is almost as important to us as the player himself would be. I think we all agree that it won't happen, but the very fact that it could have makes it worth excitement.

Secondary point but I've seen a few people saying that Mendes is using wolves as gossip vehicle. I'd wager that super agent Jorge Mendes managed to move his players around pretty well before. He's got scores of journalists that will print at his orders. Yeah, he'll make money out of us, but he doesn't exactly need us to publicise his clients' availability!

But I'm sure it helps Del. New money at an old club looking to spend big is a different angle on the same sales tactic. It's not a usual suspect either so a new player in town will create intrigue.

Back