• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Spot on. And as we've signed several players since the rumour first broke, it's clear we aren't just focussing on one player.

We clearly got well into the contract negotiations and if he is wanting a similar wage package to what we must of offered he may be stuck with us as other teams balk at the figures...Ah well, the saga continues

Ola John going to Toulouse. Thank fuck for that, bullet dodged.

I get why people want "proven Championship players" when it comes to building a better squad, as by definition that'll do it.

What I don't get are people saying "I'd rather we didn't spend £20m on a player like Talisca and instead on four £5m players of the level of Chris Martin". I mean, yeah, you'll still get a better squad, but a) Fosun are clearly willing and able to do both simultaneously if they want, and b) we shouldn't be exclusively looking to buy top Championship players because then you've got to rebuild the squad all over again in the Premier League when we do manage promotion. "Prove Championship players" haven't been helping Burnley or Hull stay up there. Our best player since we got relegated from the PL came from a Ligue 1 team.

I still think we'll get 3 more players in at least, a LB, CM/ AM and a striker. That would bring to 8 the number of arrivals since Fosun came in and the upper limit of Jeff's prediction.

I still think we'll get 3 more players in at least, a LB, CM/ AM and a striker. That would bring to 8 the number of arrivals since Fosun came in and the upper limit of Jeff's prediction.

Which 3 would you go for from the players linked so far to get us up to Jeff's 8?

I'd go Bjarnason, Martin, Luisao.

I get why people want "proven Championship players" when it comes to building a better squad, as by definition that'll do it.

What I don't get are people saying "I'd rather we didn't spend £20m on a player like Talisca and instead on four £5m players of the level of Chris Martin". I mean, yeah, you'll still get a better squad, but a) Fosun are clearly willing and able to do both simultaneously if they want, and b) we shouldn't be exclusively looking to buy top Championship players because then you've got to rebuild the squad all over again in the Premier League when we do manage promotion. "Prove Championship players" haven't been helping Burnley or Hull stay up there. Our best player since we got relegated from the PL came from a Ligue 1 team.

Our best player since we got relegated from the Premier League came from Arsenal.

Which 3 would you go for from the players linked so far to get us up to Jeff's 8?

Buttner, Bjanason and Martin for me. Addresses all of our main issues and give squad strength when Dicko and Graham get back. Would mean the end for Henry and one of Saville/ Edwards.

A huge yes to all 3 of those.

No Balotelli though, mate...? :icon_lol:

Our best player since we got relegated from the Premier League came from Arsenal.

Yep - via League One. As did another of our best players, while another one came from Wigan's reserves. Quality is quality, wherever it comes from.

We urgently need at least one more defensive option - I think that's what Zenga was cryptically referring to when he talked about "the solution is coming", although that could have been more about general improvements from training. We can't risk the possibility of what happened last year happening again, and have to rely on Ebanks-Landell for any stretch of games, and Silvio is, to me, a luxury. Great if it's available, but frankly I'll be surprised if he makes more than five appearances this season.

Balotelli !
If it comes off, it could be the most inspired signing of the season BUT its just as likely to be a flop.
However, remember when Leeds and Man U signed a certain Eric - that was labelled a big risk, i think, at the time

The Buttner rumours came & went in the space of a day. Not sure there's anything in that, despite his agent apparently having "concrete interest" from us.

Looks like we'll be going in to the Birmingham derby with only one new player - Prince.

The Buttner rumours came & went in the space of a day. Not sure there's anything in that, despite his agent apparently having "concrete interest" from us.

Looks like we'll be going in to the Birmingham derby with only one new player - Prince.

That'll be 4 new players from last season not including the sub 'keeper and injured RB we have signed. And all first team capable and not squad filler or 'one for the future'. Plenty to be positive about.

Ola John going to Toulouse. Thank fuck for that, bullet dodged.

Absolutely. Hopefully these Nelson Oliveira rumours go away too, just not very good.

Back