• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Didn't we once take a chance on another maverick, with a checkered past and an indifferent reputation? Can't remember how that one worked out.

Derek_Dougan.png

Unlike some of the outlandish rumours going around, Balotelli being linked with us has a certain internal logic.

Walter Zenga is an Italian football legend. He was doing his World Cup heroics in 1990, the year Balotelli was born. They are both Italian.

Mourinho being sought for advice, a manager Balotelli has played for, makes perfect sense given he's not going to get anything like that from Liverpool, or perhaps anywhere else.

Mourinho's agent is the man making things happen for Wolves.

I have no doubt that Mourinho has told Balotelli in no uncertain terms he can't continue to behave and play the way he has done recently. And he cannot expect a major league team to now take the risk that comes with employing him. Whoever takes a chance on him is going to expect any such faith repaid. By the bucketload.

Who better than Zenga to keep him in line, and reward him for good behaviour (and performances)? Who better than Zenga to be someone to look up to, respect, and play for?

Balotelli, on his day, can still be world class. Yes, of course he's a risk, but didn't so many think employing Zenga was totally nuts, too? Still early days, yes, but he's made a good solid start with a team very much in transition.

Balotelli has shown that in the right circumstances he has a heart of gold - so many altruistic acts we've heard about. Imagine the guy feeling the love, and realising that deliver for the fans and they'll idolise him.

Probably in a way not seen around here since the days of Steve Bull. A big pair of boots to fill, but it will take a character reformation like none seen before. That's the risk, but think of the potential rewards if it becomes the perfect recipe...

FL92Transfer ‏@FL92Transfer 2 hHá 2 horas
Wolves are interested in signing Benfica striker Nélson Oliveira #wwfc

Sylla, Balotelli, now Oliveira - all the old rumours from a couple of weeks ago resurfacing today.

At least if we signed Balotelli we'd know he'd be match fit. You don't need a pre season to walk around. I don't believe the rumour, but even if it were true I'd be 90% against it, but there is that 10% that says if he came good how exciting would that be!

Balotelli is on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay north of £100k a week isn't he? That just surely can't be realistic even if there were anything in the story.

So what's your point??? Does that erm... 'story' constitute anything more than something made up by a bored journalist?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You asked 'why is this even being discussed'. Apparently it's all over the internet including the Italian press.

I agree it's probably just something invented to sell copy and therefore a load of bollocks. ;)

Unlike some of the outlandish rumours going around, Balotelli being linked with us has a certain internal logic.

Walter Zenga is an Italian football legend. He was doing his World Cup heroics in 1990, the year Balotelli was born. They are both Italian.

Mourinho being sought for advice, a manager Balotelli has played for, makes perfect sense given he's not going to get anything like that from Liverpool, or perhaps anywhere else.

Mourinho's agent is the man making things happen for Wolves.

I have no doubt that Mourinho has told Balotelli in no uncertain terms he can't continue to behave and play the way he has done recently. And he cannot expect a major league team to now take the risk that comes with employing him. Whoever takes a chance on him is going to expect any such faith repaid. By the bucketload.

Who better than Zenga to keep him in line, and reward him for good behaviour (and performances)? Who better than Zenga to be someone to look up to, respect, and play for?

Balotelli, on his day, can still be world class. Yes, of course he's a risk, but didn't so many think employing Zenga was totally nuts, too? Still early days, yes, but he's made a good solid start with a team very much in transition.

Balotelli has shown that in the right circumstances he has a heart of gold - so many altruistic acts we've heard about. Imagine the guy feeling the love, and realising that deliver for the fans and they'll idolise him.

Probably in a way not seen around here since the days of Steve Bull. A big pair of boots to fill, but it will take a character reformation like none seen before. That's the risk, but think of the potential rewards if it becomes the perfect recipe...

Indeed, he feeds ducks so lets sign him up..

I think I last saw Balotelli have a decent game in Euro 2012. You can kid yourself that there's a world class player in there just waiting to escape if you like but it's not bound in any kind of reality.

You asked 'why is this even being discussed'. Apparently it's all over the internet including the Italian press.

I agree it's probably just something invented to sell copy and therefore a load of bollocks. ;)

I'd guess it's all over the internet because people are discussing it. Absolute nonsense.

Why are we discussing Balotelli? Because a month ago the best we could hope for was Chris Wood...

That's the key isn't it?

We are talking about a complete change in our circumstances and the rumour mill is linking just about every player on the market with us. Much of that material will be made-up bollocks by the likes of agent_dave, but there will be kernels of truth in some of these deals and I am sure the club will get at least a couple more over the line.

I haven't looked forward to deadline day in years, but everything points to us actually being very active and it could be loads of fun.

Back