• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

From what little footage I have seen so far this season, that Pereira at Forest on loan from Benfica looks pretty good. Pity we couldn't have got him on loan.

Does your mate know that Reading are owned by Thai's not Malay's.

Well evidently Not from his text but I was interested in his opinion of a player he's watched rather than his knowledge of his football team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll obviously give him a chance if he signs but I can't help but feel like we're just getting Sheyi Ojo back here.

Like has been said elsewhere, he's like if you took van La Parra's brain and put it in Sako's body. Not a clever footballer by any means, he's fast and skilful (which admittedly is enough to do for a lot of Championship full backs) but constantly runs into dead ends or makes the wrong decision in key moments.

I'll obviously give him a chance if he signs but I can't help but feel like we're just getting Sheyi Ojo back here.

Like has been said elsewhere, he's like if you took van La Parra's brain and put it in Sako's body. Not a clever footballer by any means, he's fast and skilful (which admittedly is enough to do for a lot of Championship full backs) but constantly runs into dead ends or makes the wrong decision in key moments.

Surely better than the ball going out wide left to Saville or wide right to Coady......who then passes back to the full back or Danny Batth as they don't have pace to even worry the full back

I think i have seen him play 2 or 3 games so I am not in a position to judge him at all

Surely better than the ball going out wide left to Saville or wide right to Coady......who then passes back to the full back or Danny Batth as they don't have pace to even worry the full back

I think i Have seen him play 2 or 3 teams so I am not in a position to judge him at all

Well, yes. Obviously a better option than playing an average centre mid out of position but I feel we can do much, much better.

From what little footage I have seen so far this season, that Pereira at Forest on loan from Benfica looks pretty good. Pity we couldn't have got him on loan.

I saw him play on Sky and he spent the whole game faling over and trying to get the opposition left back or himself sent off.

I remember when he came on against us on Boxing day and while he looked quite scary and threatening he didn't actually do much with the ball that caused us problems. Reading fans seemed split on him to me. We already have Costa and Graham for the left hand side so not sure if we need him.

I thought in the poll of "Should Reading buy him", 91% said yes, so not that split?

I agree on the costa/graham point though.

My posts always get "checked" by mod. Is there a reason?

Seems fine now.

Seems like Ola John is loaned for 1 season. Keep him away from bars is my advice...

His was well known in Lisbon clubs...

The forum gets a lot of "spam" posts and threads by new members, so a new sign up always has their first few posts checked so that the moderators can make sure they are genuine.

Seems fine now.

Seems like Ola John is loaned for 1 season. Keep him away from bars is my advice...

His was well known in Lisbon clubs...

Yeah you should be okay now.

Whilst I don't particularly want Balloteli (as I don't think there is a footballer in there that cares) that article is full of cliches, grizzled championship centrebacks that will wind him up? The lad has played in Sierra A. The league is full of mind games and some of the cleverest defenders in the game . What excately would Berra or Richard Keough possible say or do to him that he hasn't had before. Does that writer even know the championship at all?

Last 5 years promoted teams

11/12 - Reading - Southampton - West Ham
12/13 - Cardiff - Hull - Palace
13/14 - Leicester - Burnley - QPR
14/15 - Bournemouth - Watford - Norwich

15/16 - Burnley - Middlesborough - Hull

50% return rate is a lot smaller than most people would probably guess and you have champions, cup semi finalists and top half teams in there. Those teams didn't get out the championship through clogging.

Luisao might be on the table again since it seems we are trying Garay return.

If true, prepare yourselves to see wolves playing a really low defensive line this year. Long balls are Luisao nightmare nowadays...

Luisao might be on the table again since it seems we are trying Garay return.

If true, prepare yourselves to see wolves playing a really low defensive line this year. Long balls are Luisao nightmare nowadays...

Paired with Dominic Iorfa he will be fine because Iorfa has pace to burn

Back