• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Thanks Slink, it just seems that Mendes seems to be mentioned every time we are connected with a player.

I think it is exciting times. Somewhat scary for sure, but I think our world as Wolves fans has just changed forever. If we are in the top flight and challenging through this then frankly I will be like a pig wallowing in shit.

Give us Pizzi and we will repay the debt. You can have Euro 2016 semi finalist David Edwards for free.

Thanks Slink, it just seems that Mendes seems to be mentioned every time we are connected with a player.

A lot of that is lazy journalism. I doubt Mendes even cares who Chris Martin is, yet we bid £6m for him last week.

We also have yet to find out why those other two agents were at Molineux earlier this week.

I think the next weeks until deadline day are frankly going to be batshit mental. Lovely...

We also have yet to find out why those other two agents were at Molineux earlier this week.

Pretty sure they all represent Prince in some way rather than them being here for someone else. Well they were all in the room for the Prince signing according to Sanogo's twitter.

I think the next weeks until deadline day are frankly going to be batshit mental. Lovely...

This is the best bit now - rather than having nothing happening but statements about bids having been made but no players over the line apart from a youth player from Crewe

There will certainly also be activity in January - what & how much depends where we stand in the league

Anybody standing outside the ground with SSN on deadline day should be culled though...

I am sure there will be at least 1-2 more signings before the window closes and with the right quality we should then have a squad capable of staying in and around the top 6. As long as we are in the top 10 and not miles away I can see further major investment in January, Fosun won't want another season in this division thats for sure.

Now that the Talisca fiasco is almost over I hope we do bring a top experienced CB, Luisao would be perfect for the club and our young prospects in Hause and Iorfa (even Danny to a certain extent) I still hope for another fullback it seems we wont be able to rely on Silvio (anyone else almost forgot about him already?)

Whatever happens this has been probably the most exciting transfer window I can remember.

Mendes is a prick, should be in jail for tax evasion. But in Portugal, you either are with him, or against him. Helps the clubs a lot, but remember that he never loses money. Clubs do.

Ola John will do good for a few months, then disappear and do nothing for two or three, then reappear strong again. Talented and actually not dumb. But can drive a fan mad because he doesn't seem to just power on against the full back when he has the chance. He sometimes just backpasses.

But can drive a fan mad because he doesn't seem to just power on against the full back when he has the chance. He sometimes just backpasses.

We're immune to that, we had the World King for a couple of seasons.

200512110627081200_1.jpg

Blimey Seol, now he was frustrating lol would beat a man then stop and do it again until he lost the ball.

In the short term this can only benefit Wolves as we are currently the weakest in player terms. Of course on promotion to the Premiership things change as we would become the richest club in the group, even without Fosun. That could lead to us effectively being used as a cash reserve for the others.
I suppose like anything if we are successful virtually no one will care. If it all goes wrong everybody will have seen it coming.

Being in the PL is of course financially great but i would not be that sure that it guarantee Wolves to be the richest among the group... Last year we were 21st in the list i believe which included in the top 30 italian, french, spanish and even Galatasaray...apart from PL clubs of course.

One thing guys...Mendes does NOT run the clubs. He is not Benfica boss or any other club in the mix. The clubs feel the need to use his services and sometimes you have to pay back but he is for sure NOT the leader voice.

Benfica recent success is, on the most part, due to its board and mostly its chairman, (who also have a System which includes building stadiums but that is a different story).

Apart from Monaco we are talking about clubs with a huge fanbase (Benfica has 14M just on its own), so becoming the top dog is not easy task. Right now i would say that Benfica is the core of the system and Atletico is the priority, when it comes to put the best players...see Ferreira Carrasco (Monaco --->Atletico) and Gaitan (Benfica --->Atletico). When Atletico is not interested usually Zenit takes them because of their huge private investments. It led to the deals with Garay, Witsel, Javi Garcia and also Hulk (Oporto is a part-time member of the System....Mendes is not very found of Oporto chairman so he only does business with them when he sees big loads of incoming money).

PS: Just checked and we were 26th on the last year rank. 11 PL clubs ahead.

Give us Pizzi and we will repay the debt. You can have Euro 2016 semi finalist David Edwards for free.

Please take him and we will throw Taraabt in the mix...Zivkovic, Salvio and Carrillo are all better RM than him! Pizzi just happens to have the right agent...

By the way...you already got our David Edwards. Wait until you see Silvio on the pitch. :)

But if you need a RM we got a "Carousel" player this year that could be useful. Oscar Benitez. He was at Lanus last year.

Not sure the new TV deal is in last year's Premiership clubs finances and if not there will be a huge increase in revenue. You would however expect Benfica to be the highest profile team of the group and they do seem very good at finding young players. Fosun certainly talk a good game and seem to have very big plans for Wolves though, but it would take years to happen.
Any sort of relationship with these clubs must be to Wolves advantage for now and a friendly in Lisbon in July sounds good to me.

Back