• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Bit concerned that I haven't seen a Talisca is signing in 48 hours story for at least 48 hours.

I think the guy's coming, but not until he sorts his personal life out - fully believe the reason it's taking so long after so many sources have said it's a done deal is the complication from his new baby.

I think he's waiting to see if any other offers come in for him at bigger clubs.

I think it's more to do with the fact his partner has just given birth. I still think he'll sign.

Talisca is a done deal, believe me

Talisca isn't coming, trust me and believe me, anyone who thinks he is will be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd never heard of him before this summer so I won't be disappointed. Still hoping for a full back this week

It's fascinating that there's absolutely certainty from both camps on him.

"He's signing. Trust me."

"No chance. Trust me."

I don't really care anymore. Id rather sign someone else who actually wants to come here

If they sign anyone that is anywhere near as good as Bod and Tex look to be it would be amazing

Talisca isn't coming, trust me and believe me, anyone who thinks he is will be disappointed

At the risk of indulging you, what's your source, and saying 'believe me' doesn't count.

Who to believe both seem so convincing.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't really care anymore. Id rather sign someone else who actually wants to come here
Because we know for sure that he doesn't, of course?

I'm not fussed that it's taking so long. It's clear that we're looking at multiple targets and we've got the resources as well of the intentions of bringing in several more players before the window closes.

Talisca is quality and if we have to wait for whatever has held this deal up before we bring in a player of his calibre, so be it. It's not going to hold us back in our recruiting in other areas.

I still really hope he signs and I think the wait will be well worth it.

Who to believe both seem so convincing.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Well none of us know. There's clearly been dialogue but who knows for sure why it's not been sorted one way or the other.

I just can't conform to the 'he's not signed yet because he's not fussed/is waiting for a better offer' point of view. Could be loads of reasons.

At the risk of indulging you, what's your source, and saying 'believe me' doesn't count.

I'm definitely not ITK lol, but someone who I trust has told me and I believe them, it won't happen, I'm sure of it

Because we know for sure that he doesn't, of course?

I'm not fussed that it's taking so long. It's clear that we're looking at multiple targets and we've got the resources as well of the intentions of bringing in several more players before the window closes.

Talisca is quality and if we have to wait for whatever has held this deal up before we bring in a player of his calibre, so be it. It's not going to hold us back in our recruiting in other areas.

I still really hope he signs and I think the wait will be well worth it.

I'm worried. Feel it has disaster written all over it. Obviously there is a chance he could be a worldly but I'm not so sure.

Large transfer fee, big wages, different country, different language, a lot of pressure, not that keen on coming here (speculation). Could go tits up and upset the rest of the squad.

I have no idea how good he is, I've never seen him play and I would love to know how everyone else knows how good he is other than FIFA etc. and highlight reels.

The fact he isn't getting any game time isn't great either. Will be weeks until he is match fit for him then to potentially get moved on in January?

Spoke to some benfica fans on holiday (their English was only slightly better than my Portuguese!) and they said he was so so. Yes I know benficas opinions of players is going to be in a different league to ours. But how good actually is he?

Well none of us know. There's clearly been dialogue but who knows for sure why it's not been sorted one way or the other.

I just can't conform to the 'he's not signed yet because he's not fussed/is waiting for a better offer' point of view. Could be loads of reasons.

There are loads of obvious reasons. It doesn't have to be him deliberately delaying things.
Just about every person at Wolves who would be involved in this has left in the last 2-3 weeks, we've got to get a work permit, it's probably a VERY complex deal with add ons plus his terms and of course he's just become a dad for the first time.
Whether he signs or not I'm sure the club have tried to close this deal.

But how good actually is he?

Oh for fuck sake.

Look at how good Teixeira is. Tex played for Benfica B in the exact same position while Talisca was playing in the Champions League. He'd be the best footballer to play for us since Robbie Keane.

As the season wore on last year he was pushed deeper and deeper by his manager. He is definitely so-so in true midfield but when allowed to player between midfield and the forwards he is class, as good a left foot as Sako but also frustratingly inconsistent like Sako.

I'm definitely not ITK lol, but someone who I trust has told me and I believe them, it won't happen, I'm sure of it

Did this person mention anything about Prince signing or Bodvarsson? And if they did why didn't they tell you? Have they told you why the Talisca deal isn't happening and you will excuse me for asking but how exactly do they know?

Please don't think I'm having a pop I'm just asking.

Back