• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

If Wolves attract an attendance of about 20,000 on Saturday I'd like to bet 19,000 of them wouldn't have had a clue who Norman Bettinson was before today.

Then it's a good job the local paper is educating them.

They're a newspaper, not a fanzine. A scouse Liverpool fan of Morgan's stature giving this bell end the VIP treatment at a football game IS newsworthy, hence the national papers also picking it out as a story. This thread is an embarrassment. You're like spoiled little princesses who don't like somebody because they said your dress is horrible.

If you want good news stories only, then stick to the official site.

And the 'Big Wolves news'?

If Wolves attract an attendance of about 20,000 on Saturday I'd like to bet 19,000 of them wouldn't have had a clue who Norman Bettinson was before today.
It's only really newsworthy in Liverpool.

I'm one of the 19k.

Hilarity aside, he's our owner, his actions reflect on us. And it's hardly unusual for a news outlet to big a story up to gain traction.

If this has broken in the BEM it would not be a problem.

Tweeting 'big news for Wolves fans' as a build up to this 'huge news' is my main issue with this. It's utter horseshit, the article itself looks like it's been lifted straight from the tabloids. Gutter press at its worst - the E&S isn't a tabloid. It's a local newspaper yet the way this has been reported is atrocious and sensationalistic.

And I'm not condoning Morgan here either - it was total stupidity on his part. But 'big news for Wolves fans'? Nope - not buying that.

Hilarity aside, he's our owner, his actions reflect on us. And it's hardly unusual for a news outlet to big a story up to gain traction.

If this has broken in the BEM it would not be a problem.

The main problem with the story is the build up - The BIG WOLVES NEWS, JUST WAITING FOR LAWYERS TO CLEAR etc so fanbase being prepared for a massive story - Is it the sale of the club? More building work? .........what comes out is Morgan is friends with a twat and took him to a game. He has done this loads of times but its only just been noticed because a Liverpool fan happened to be there as well and realised who it was. How many times has he been sat by Morgan at Molineux when a pic has been taken and not one person has noticed. It is a story, one that is more relevent to folk in Liverpool and has a small bit of relevence us to, due to it being our clubs owner. What it isn't is what they tried to portray it as and unusually for Twitter the majority of folk have told them that. Normally if there is Negative story aimied at Wolves/Morgan the Twitterdom will back the E&S

The E&S are clearly loving every minute of this but I don't see how that makes Morgan's decision to invite this despicable little scrote to our football matches any better.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves
(4) Everyone connected with the Club has the utmost sympathy and respect for the victims of Hillsborough and their families.

If this statement is true then Bettison wouldn't be anywhere near the club. As Del said, Morgan's actions reflect on Wolverhampton Wanderers. Morgan can be friends with whoever he damn well pleases as long as he doesn't go giving them lifts to Wolves games. It shows nothing but a complete and utter lack of respect to the families of those who died and the fans of both Liverpool and Wolves.

I don't think Liverpool fans have ever been educated much about the 1958 Munich air disaster by their local press.
Their attitude gives that impression anyway.

They're a newspaper, not a fanzine. A scouse Liverpool fan of Morgan's stature giving this bell end the VIP treatment at a football game IS newsworthy, hence the national papers also picking it out as a story. This thread is an embarrassment. You're like spoiled little princesses who don't like somebody because they said your dress is horrible.

Changed your tune Del, you've been saying for years that Hillsborough was primarily the fault of Liverpool fans.

Yeah I have. But that was before the cover up and lies were uncovered.

So still waiting for the big news of the day about Wolves then ?. Our owner does something that is ill judged and not that smart, but he has been doing that here for about 5 years so no news really.

Just had a quick look on RAWK expecting many pages of new posts in outrage at this. Surprisingly quiet, and what is there is saying "thank fuck we didn't get Morgan".

I think Steve Morgan was already damaged goods with Liverpool fans anyway, but I thought there would be more reaction from the fans most deeply involved in this. If they are hardly reacting then I think we should be just thinking "twat" about Morgan for being so insensitive and moving on.

I don't think Liverpool fans have ever been educated much about the 1958 Munich air disaster by their local press.
Their attitude gives that impression anyway.

Ah right, the two wrongs make a right argument. Morgan's a bellend for doing it and I agree with Penk, in that what is Norman Bettison doing in any football ground, he should be barred from attending any grounds as any fan would be if they committed an offence at a football ground. He hasn't been investigated for his because he conveniently retired, cowardly prick. I think it is one of the Hillsborough group spokesman that have said 'you can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps'. Morgan has proved this time and again and as Del says his behaviour reflects badly on all of us. If he likes Bettison so much, play golf with him everyday just don't take the man to a football ground. It's like taking Tony Blair to an armistice parade.

Not as embarrassing as your contribution to this.

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?21362-Hi&highlight=tracey

No they won't. They have got a bit of a scoop on this and will no doubt make as much mileage from it as they can. To be fair to them, they would be mad to do anything different. Loads of interest and advertising hits which is good for them.

The relationship with the club was already fractured and this will have done further damage but how does this look?

1. Club owner makes twattish, insensitive decision
2. Local rag spins story as big news about the club, when actually the club is slightly irrelevant to it.
3. Club bans local rag for printing a truthful and newsworthy story.

The club cannot go down that route over this story without looking worse. I expect a "we move on" attitude from the powers that be at Molineux.

Tracy and I have made our peace.

Nice trawl, glad I'm memorable to you.

The club look silly though and all because the owner invites a man who should be a pariah at every football ground in the country.

Back