• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Yes, they do look silly. But the best way to deal with that in this case is to try and move on. The big issue will be the camera trained on the director's box at every game now. If NB is invited again then it will look pretty bad now that this has been exposed.

Yes, they do look silly. But the best way to deal with that in this case is to try and move on. The big issue will be the camera trained on the director's box at every game now. If NB is invited again then it will look pretty bad now that this has been exposed.

True, I wonder if it ever crossed Morgan's mind that this may be a bad idea?

I said a few weeks ago that Morgan and Ashley were two sides of the same coin - successful businessmen who don't really understand how football works and get into childish and damaging strops when they don't get their own way, each with an additional penchant for extremely poor PR, which they don't seem to care either way about.

Ultimately this is a non-story and as no-one had Steve Morgan down as Humanitarian of the Year you'll only find outrage and anger if you want to. I don't think he should be inviting Bettison to games as a guest of the club but really it's neither here nor there to me, if I want to be annoyed at Steve Morgan then I'll just look at who we're playing on Saturday and remember why that is.

I may be out of it somewhat, but has this guy been convicetd of anything ?

has he served time ?

I was under the impression rightly or wrongky that one of the things that makes this country of ours is presumed innocent til proven guilty...

Now he may have been in charge of the police at Hillsbrough, and the police covered things up but no one has been saying the head of the FA ( who in my eyes are as culpable as the police for Hillsbrough ) should be persona no gratia.

If Morgan is a long time friend of his, why the fuck should he not attend a game with him, where was the rage when they went to Liverpool games together?

yet another stick people will use to beat MNorgan and the club for where in effect it's a nothing fucking story

I may be out of it somewhat, but has this guy been convicetd of anything ?

has he served time ?

I was under the impression rightly or wrongky that one of the things that makes this country of ours is presumed innocent til proven guilty...

Now he may have been in charge of the police at Hillsbrough, and the police covered things up but no one has been saying the head of the FA ( who in my eyes are as culpable as the police for Hillsbrough ) should be persona no gratia.

If Morgan is a long time friend of his, why the $#@! should he not attend a game with him, where was the rage when they went to Liverpool games together?

yet another stick people will use to beat MNorgan and the club for where in effect it's a nothing $#@!ing story

He was not in charge of the police at Hillsborough. I think WMP had quite a lot to do with the investigation that followed.

I'm no fan of Morgan and maybe I would feel differently if I was a Liverpool fan, but who know what instructions Bettison had to follow at the time. Corruption and cover ups on Hillsborough were descending from the very highest level back in 1989. Morgan does have a habit of putting his foot in it though. Not the smartest move for them to be sitting next to each other in a football ground.

He had a case to answer in regard to gross misconduct that would have led to probable dismissal. That isn't criminal liability though.

David Duckenfield was in charge of the police at Hillsborough on the day and there was considerable effort to stick criminal liability on him , as I remember

The IPCC found Normal Bettison had a case to answer but could not investigate as he conveniently retired and the IPCC cannot investigate non-serving officers. This may or may not hhave led to a criminal case. That is on record:

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/ipcc-finds-case-answer-gross-misconduct-against-sir-norman-bettison

I hope the new investigation into the deaths of the 96 brings justice but I'm averse to accusing people or trial by media. Obviously a very emotive issue but it is too easy to jump to conclusions of Morgan's friendship with Bettison.

I'm no apologist for Bettison or the Thatcher Government, it just seems to me the I understand the mindset of the average football fan more than most.

What offences has the knight of the realm Sir Norman Bettison been charged/convicted of.

They don't hate Wolves they just want as many visits as possible to their website. This is perfect way for them to get more hits and their advertisers will love it.

By the way, you got anything relevant to say, or just trying to pick a fight?

I wasn't the one labelling this thread as embarrassing or accusing fellow posters of acting like spoilt little princesses.

But you were the one dragging up old, irrelevant threads, for no reason other than to antagonise.

Is this where I find a post of yours from a few years ago and randomly link it?

Cba tbh. I'll leave the sniffing to those with time and nothing to say.

Sorry but can't see what all the fuss is about - bad news day ???

I think we're confusing 2 seperate issues here.

The first is the E&S tweets, & subsequent "breaking" of what they alledge is a big story for our club. This turned out to be a monster anti-climax, as there is no real story for Wolves fans in the manner implied originally.
Much unhappiness is then directed towards said newspaper.

The 2nd issue is that Morgan is friends with, & associates with a person of highly questionable morals and behaviour, specifically related to football. As is highlighted below:

The club look silly though and all because the owner invites a man who should be a pariah at every football ground in the country.

True, I wonder if it ever crossed Morgan's mind that this may be a bad idea?

Bettison is currently alledged to bear responsibility for a great deal of the covering up of Hillsborough. Hence, is it wise to be associated with him?
Well, on one hand, this is a longstanding association. He's been a guest at WW repeatedly in the past. This raises a significant question mark over the journalistic abilities of the E&S & the E&S contacts. As journalists, I'd have expected they would know who Bettison was, & that he's been at the ground before. The fact that they've not evidenced this in 8 years, suggests to me they're piss poor at investigative journalism. Or vastly under-resourced.

That leaves a 3rd question. Namely, does Steve Morgan have questionable decision making skills. Now seriously, is that anywhere near vaguely debate-able after the past 2-3 years?

Sorry but can't see what all the fuss is about - bad news day ???

Ok I will help you.

96 innocent fans were killed at Hillsborough in 1989

Steve Morgan is an avid Liverpool fan, who in 1994 tried to buy the club

In 2012 it was revealed that Liverpool fans were innocent of any wrong doing, it was a policing errors which they subsequently covered up that were responsible for the events of the day

Norman Bettison was being investigated for trying to influence people whilst an enquiry was going on, as he may have had a case to answer

The above then resigns meaning that he cannot he charged, but the enquiry continues and reveals that if he hadn't resigned there would have been a case to answer

If the above had been proven he would have been summarily dismissed

Avid Liverpool fan then invites said man to sit next to him at a football match.

This is a massive story, is it the story trailed by the express and star in terms of massive Wolves reference, no it isnt, but it is a story yes and one that they should run yes

Back