• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

No Barry Douglas? I’d only probably leave three out current side Murray for Ruddy, Lescott for Bennett and maybe Rae for Saiss.

Oh yes, Rae is a good shout actually. Though he didn't play as much that season did he? Was mainly Cameron and Ince in midfield?

I'd have Cameron over Rae anyway personally.

Suppose it depends on what formation you're playing , for 3-4-3 its hard to beat Neves & Saiss

I suppose you have to look at how good players were in the promotion seasons as oppose to their entire time here.
Foley was excellent in that promotion year and SEB was on fire also. Problem with the sides of 03 and 09 was they were built for promotion and needed investment again just to survive.

You struggle to compare some of the current lot as we play such a wildly different system but Doherty as an orthodox RB over Foley is an absolute casserole of nonsense. I didn't like Irwin down here but even at the age of 72 he was a better full back than Doc.

Murray; Foley, Boly, Lescott, Ward; Neves, Saiss; Kightly, Jota, Cav; Ebanks-Blake.

Saiss just gets in ahead of Rae.

You struggle to compare some of the current lot as we play such a wildly different system but Doherty as an orthodox RB over Foley is an absolute casserole of nonsense. I didn't like Irwin down here but even at the age of 72 he was a better full back than Doc.

As a wing back though, Doc is better than Foley, as you say depends on formation. That looks like 451 though.

Spiers still suggesting Cav isn't consistent.

Hmmm.

Jarvis only started 21 of our 46 league games in 2008/9 and scored a whole three goals. I'd say consistency was more of an issue then for him than it is now for Cav.

Murray; Foley, Boly, Lescott, Douglas; Neves, Rae; Kightly, Jota, Cav; Ebanks-Blake.

I'd go with that.

People used to throw that accusation at Sako too. Baffling.

Murray and Lescott instead of Ruddy and Batth/Bennett - aside from those two changes this team is way ahead of that team in every other area. It isn't even close.

If we were going 3-4-3:

-----------------Murray---------------

--------Boly-----Coady----Lescott-----

Doherty----Neves-----Rae-------Douglas

------Kightly----Miller-----Jota-----------

No 4-4-2, no party for SEB.

If we were going 3-4-3:

Quick frame it, Doherty in one of DW's best 11.

Irwin, Edworthy or Foley were my alternatives. Doubt they played five games at wing back between them in their whole careers. For good reason.

De-fault, de-fault, de-fault.

If we were going 3-4-3:

That's a good team,bar one forward player,but that's a personal issue,and a fairly good story behind it,even if I do say so myself,
See below

It's given me a laugh on Twitter anyway :icon_lol:

Back