• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I've got a lot of respect for him after the start of this season, he's come back looking much fitter and has bombed up and down that wing all season, often running the full length of the pitch to join in attacks in the last few minutes of games. He's got a good touch, is deceptively skilful and passes the ball well.

He should've done a hell of a lot better with the chances he's been given this season though. With the space and service he's had from Neves, Saiss & Coady he should've notched up more than 2 assists and 1 goal. His defending is still woeful as well, luckily he hasn't been forced to do much of it this season as he's effectively played as an auxiliary winger.

I guess some are almost willing him to eff up so they can bang that drum again.

You can pack this the fuck in btw. Nobody on here wants to see Wolves fail.

Defensively I don't think either of our first choice wing backs will be good enough if we go up, but they are both having fine seasons this year.

Douglas is pretty woeful defensively, too small, not the quickest, switches off, dives in too much, gets turned easily as he gets too tight. But he gets away with it because he has Boly behind him.

You can’t argue with his left foot though and he justifies a role purely on set prices. But when we have to do more defending next year he might become an issue.

Fair play to Doherty, he has been good this season. As mentioned, the fact he is playing more advanced as wing-back rather than a full-back is helping to highlight the strengths in his game and hide his weaknesses.

Tim II has gone a bit over the top with the love-in in that article though

Tim II has gone a bit over the top with the love-in in that article though

The truth on Doherty can be found smack bang in the middle between what Timmy and Deutsch think about him.

The truth on Doherty can be found smack bang in the middle between what Timmy and Deutsch think about him.

Where most fans sit then?

I suppose Timmy II has to find somebody else to fawn over, now Dave has gone.

If you were going to upgrade any area of our team, it would be Doherty. Having said that, he has done a decent enough job this season to justify his place in the team. He has not been a stand out player by any means but he's done well enough to warrant his selection IMO (of course, it would help if he had some actual competition for his position!)

I've been relatively nice to him this season. Same has always applied to any of the players on the list, if they play well I say so. Not my fault it doesn't tend to happen very often.

I'd say Doherty has been consistently good through October and November. He was very much a mixed bag before that. Which is still better than what we got from him before of course.

Timbo forgets a lot of things, he mentions his good form of 2015/16 at left back but omits to mention that he was an absolute train wreck playing there for two months until we signed, of all people, Jeremy Helan to hold his hand. Then he was just about acceptable in a rubbish team, playing a load of nothing games. I have no idea how he won Player of the Season. That is no kind of endorsement.

Where most fans sit then?

I suppose Timmy II has to find somebody else to fawn over, now Dave has gone.

If you were going to write an article like that gushing over one of our players and their transformation this season it'd have to be Cavaleiro, especially with Timbo's constant criticism of him last year (not a team player? Aye fuckin right Tim). He's in the form of his life atm, is crucial to how we play and has been genuinely unplayable the last month, not just Mr. Consistent but not actually that consistent Matt Doherty.

Only that twat could come out with such tripe, Matts done well this season but to compare him to Dennis Irwin just fuck off really fuck off. The sooner the E & S get a real reporter the better, this guy is so prejudised he hates the foreigners. How could any sane person pick out MD for this sort of praise. The people who don't go down probably believe it as well. I'm not having a go at Matt (he must cringe when he reads this sort of bollocks).

Do the E&S simply trawl forums for stories?
DW posts the Doyle interview with Hunt. A day later, hey presto, it appears on the E&S. Not for the first time.
One worries about the competence of their "research"
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/01/08/ex-wolves-striker-kevin-doyle-opens-up-on-concussion-and-retirement/

Unfortunately, it's the way so much so-called "reporting" is done these days. Trawl the internet, find a story someone else has done and hijack it ...

It has been that way for years, and not just at a local level of journalism. That's why we used to get so many of the stories from Vital sites published.

Glenn Hoddle to Newcastle was one of the most amusing incidents of all time.

Last edited:
Tim has picked his combined XI from the promotion winners of 2002/03, 2008/09 and the current squad.

Final XI:

Murray; Doherty, Boly, Lescott, Naylor; Neves, Ince; Kightly, Jota, Jarvis; Ebanks-Blake.

Rip apart at your leisure!! I'm going to make an outlandish claim here and say Deutsch won't agree with the full back choices.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...romotion-teams-and-nunos-boys--a-combined-xi/

Naylor ahead of Douglas? I actually liked Lee but I'd generally rather have both Baz and Vinagre! Maybe even Wardy tbh as well. Foley has to be the right back, as well as Doc has performed this season. And again, although I was a huge fan of Jarvis there is no way he showed as much quality as Cav and Costa have already shown at this level and this season.

Also, I wouldn't have Ince in at all either I don't think. Saiss for me too alongside Neves. Though Henry was great for us in 08/09.

Naylor over Douglas? He can fuck off.

Back