• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

If we say their strongest team (not necessarily what Pulis has been picking) is something like:

---------------Foster-------------

Nyom-----Evans---Dawson----Gibbs

-------Krychowiak---Barry--------

----Phillips-----Chadli-----Brunt

---------------Rondon----------------

Then I suppose you could argue he's right if we're only talking in definitive terms (as in, I would definitely take Jota over Brunt or Burke, Neves over Barry/Livermore/Yacob and Boly over Dawson/McAuley/Hegazi). But then I wouldn't see the point in swapping Foster for Ruddy or Phillips for Cav/Costa. I would say Costa has the highest ceiling of any of those three players. We don't play a #10 so can't really swap Chadli for anyone in that sense - Rondon might well have been ruined by over two years of Pulis' football so who knows with him.

Nyom is 100% a better RB than Doherty and Gibbs obviously has way more pedigree than either Douglas or Vinagre, but then we don't play full backs, so not an exact match.

If Pulis had stayed and we'd drawn them in the cup in January then I think we'd have beaten them.

N'diaye would be one of Pulis' greatest full back conversions.

If we say their strongest team (not necessarily what Pulis has been picking) is something like:

Nyom-----Evans---Dawson----Gibbs

-------Krychowiak---Barry--------

----Phillips-----Chadli-----Brunt

---------------Rondon----------------

Then I suppose you could argue he's right if we're only talking in definitive terms (as in, I would definitely take Jota over Brunt or Burke, Neves over Barry/Livermore/Yacob and Boly over Dawson/McAuley/Hegazi). But then I wouldn't see the point in swapping Foster for Ruddy or Phillips for Cav/Costa. I would say Costa has the highest ceiling of any of those three players. We don't play a #10 so can't really swap Chadli for anyone in that sense - Rondon might well have been ruined by over two years of Pulis' football so who knows with him.

Nyom is 100% a better RB than Doherty and Gibbs obviously has way more pedigree than either Douglas or Vinagre, but then we don't play full backs, so not an exact match.

If Pulis had stayed and we'd drawn them in the cup in January then I think we'd have beaten them.

Nyom-----Evans---Boly----Gibbs

-------Krychowiak---Neves--------

----Costa-----Chadli-----Jota-----

---------------Bonatini----------------

I'd probably go something like that. Phillips pushing Costa very close and Douglas or Vinagre pushing Gibbs close. There's literally nothing to pick between Foster & Ruddy, so that's a 50/50 too.

Please dont anybody ever and i mean EVER, put our quality in with that shit..

Why should fans be expected to "ignore what Edwards couldn't do"? He couldn't $#@!ing pass a ball! And he played in central midfield.

I'm just off to hire a plumber, he can't fix taps but what can you do.

My Reading mate is decidedly underwhelmed by him

Don't see the issue with the E&S supporting a local business. I used to work at The Mitre and people still used to talk about the time Dave Hill went in there. Apparently he did try to perform throat surgery with a pint glass, which may explain the long memories.

No, it's the naan story of the year.

:icon_lol:

lNEg8.gif

Try and recall if you can the latest glaring Matt Doherty error that led to a goal.

Ok, heading the ball like an absolute fanny against Barnsley which very nearly cost us two points.

Needless to say I disagree with the bulk of that. The Irwin comparison is valid if we're talking about the 2003/4 version of him.

The last two paragraphs are really quite something :icon_lol:

Britney said:
Try and recall if you can the latest glaring Matt Doherty error that led to a goal

Fire away, chaps.

Unpopular opinion on here I know, but well done to him. He's had a very good season. Granted, he's not in the same league as some other members of the team but he really hasn't let us down and has completely surpassed my expectations of him. If we can upgrade on him, fine but no issues whatsoever with him remaining in the squad.

You don't even have to stack him up against the likes of Neves and Jota though who have no business playing at this level. You can directly compare him to the relative journeyman we snapped up from a mid-table Turkish team for £1m or the 18 year old kid who'd played 0 senior games for anyone before this season who play on the other side. He's not in the same league as either.

He's done pretty well. As I've said, we've managed to put him into a system where his various weaknesses are largely hidden, but it's an obvious area to improve. Besides which it's not about whether he's done well (he largely has, but there have still been some rubbish displays in there, so not as consistent as Britney thinks), it's the OTT nature of the article. It really isn't baffling that he hasn't played for Ireland yet. They normally play Seamus Coleman at RB. He's one of the better RBs in the Premier League. Matt Doherty is a terrible right back and Ireland play a back four 90%+ of the time. He isn't destined for PL stardom and he's only indispensable at present because we have no-one else. We couldn't drop him if we wanted to.

The only attempt at a reference to a glaring error that lead to a goal came up with a 'nearly', so there isn't one.

It did lead to a goal. The ball got hit straight at him, he half-ducked out of the way and it went into the roof of the net. It nearly cost us two points, it didn't because we went down the other end and scored in the 94th minute.

If you want another one then he played everyone onside for Bristol City's third goal at Molineux and didn't clear the ball properly. That did effectively cost us two points.

How about the old classic of not bothering to stop a cross at Sheffield United?

Back