• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

If we were going 3-4-3:

-----------------Murray---------------

--------Boly-----Coady----Lescott-----

Doherty----Neves-----Rae-------Douglas

------Kightly----Miller-----Jota-----------

No 4-4-2, no party for SEB.

I like that.

Some people are putting Kennedy at left wing back/left back. Seems like an odd choice given the other options?

As has been said the formation of this side makes it difficult to compare. The whole point about our system is we've bought players to suit it.

As a 442 based purely on the respective promo seasons
Murray
Foley
Boly
Lescott
Naylor
Neves
Ince
Kightly
SEB
Jota
Kennedy

SEB and Jota wouldn't work as a two, but I needed to get them both in. More players from Jones' play off winners than the two sides that did/will win the league.

Wouldn't stray far from Dan's team in a 343

4-4-2:

--------- Murray

Foley - Boly - Lescott - Douglas

Kightly - Neves - Cameron - Jota

----------- SEB - Miller ----------

3-4-3:

------------ Murray

------ Boly - Coady - Lescott

Doherty - Neves - Rae - Douglas

--- Cavaleiro -------- Jota

-------------- Miller ------------

--------- Murray

Foley - Boly - Lescott - Ward

Kightly - Neves - Henry - Jarvis

------ --- SEB - Jota ----------

------------ Murray

------ Boly - Coady - Lescott

Doherty - Neves - Rae - Douglas

--- Cavaleiro -------- Jota

-------------- Leo -------------

I loved Alex Rae and Colin Cameron to a point but not having them as better than Saiss who is easily the second best central midfielder that this club has had for quite a while behind Neves. Centre midfield for both formations picks itself for me after this season.

I loved Alex Rae and Colin Cameron to a point but not having them as better than Saiss who is easily the second best central midfielder that this club has had for quite a while behind Neves. Centre midfield for both formations picks itself for me after this season.
You could make a legitimate argument for both Saïss and Neves being the best midfielder at the club IMO which shows just how brilliant the pair of them are together.

Would never have Naylor over Douglas be it at full-back or wing-back.

4-4-2 would look like this for me..

Murray

Foley---Boly---Lescott---Douglas

Kightly---Neves---Rae---Jota

SEB---Bonatini​

3-4-3....

Murray

Boly---Coady---Lescott

Foley---Neves---Rae---Douglas

Kightly---Bonatini---Jota​

I know Foley never played as a wing-back that often (if ever) but during our promotion campaign he was one of our best players, solid defensively and did good work going forward linking with Kightly. I'm sure during his best spell, in the championship, he would have done a pretty good job at wing-back.

If we were going 4 4 2 then I'd have Kightly on the right, but if it's 3 4 3 then it's got to be Costa on the right.
I'm surprised so many have chosen Kightly over Costa tbh.

Kightly was brilliant in that promotion team. Costa has had half a good season in a team which achieved nothing.

I thought we were picking the team based on quality, not achievement. Costa is the better player IMO.

I'm not sure Costa is better than Kightly was, yet.

If you are picking your side based on performance in promotion season, Kightly is head and shoulders above Costa so far.

...and the one on the left is Geoff Palmer, just shy of 500 games for us.
8ad8d31f634293f1f87517c66aff32b3.jpg

Zico,if I remember rightly,retired and became a copper

Looks like it’s The Express and The Star. I’m sure you can see where my confusion came though.

a832411e313b24eeb2c481a783e0d271.jpg

Back