• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Anyone else seen his comment about Silvio being happy picking up several thousands of pounds a week? What a prick Spiers really is.

I wonder if Tim would be happy been off sick for 6 months and still picking up his wages. I'm pretty sure he'd be fed up and pissed off.

I wonder if Tim would be happy been off sick for 6 months and still picking up his wages. I'm pretty sure he'd be fed up and pissed off.

It seems like he would be happy if Silvio was surely? I really don't get what his problem is and it's quite clear he has one which comes across in nearly every comment/tweet. Surely he should be trying to get in with the club and accurately report on what is happening rather than letting his personal feelings which seem completely different to most Wolves fans get in the way.

I wonder if he's already been binned/demoted and is on notice. He liked a tweet earlier for saying his attitude should either get him sacked or banned from the club

I wonder if he's already been binned/demoted and is on notice. He liked a tweet earlier for saying his attitude should either get him sacked or banned from the club

Chatting to Kenny the other day and he said that the E&S Wolves job really is for a quality journalist who isn't a Wolves fan, so emotion doesn't get in the way and they have far less cause to get too close to the staff and impact on their objectivity (which it massively does with Britney, not that he is a quality journalist in any way). I think he's right too.

His agendas are really fucking weird. Nash was negative about absolutely everything about the club, Spiers...well he picks and chooses. And chooses badly.

What I can never accept from someone in that employ is spouting an opinion from a position that is patently factually incorrect. You're paid to know and you're paid to know more than a mug like me. When you don't, you just make yourself look a bit silly, even more so when you won't defend your position.

I said something similar on here a few weeks ago:

"Spiers is a fan whose dropped lucky, he has access to the club, the managers and the players in a way he couldn't have dreamt of 3 years ago. Because of that he gives the impression of being in awe of them, which comes across in his match reports, player ratings and reactions to departures - remember his KJ meltdown? I think he'd actually be a better journalist covering a club other than Wolves."

I think he did a reasonable job in his first season a marked improvement on Tim Mk1. Since the takeover or more pertinently Jackett's departure though he's gone downhill, too pally with certain players and critical of the ownership in a passive aggressive kind of way.

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago
More
Jorge Mendes due in court today to be questioned as part of a probe into striker Radamel Falcao's alleged tax evasion.

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago
More
Replying to @tim_spiers_Star
the investigation will also look at the affairs of Mendes's Gestifute company, who have denied any wrongdoing.

:stirthepot:

Tim Spiers is the ultimate troll and all you meaningless people are falling for it hook line and sinker.. Brilliant Tim. Brilliant.

Tim Spiers is the ultimate troll and all you meaningless people are falling for it hook line and sinker.. Brilliant Tim. Brilliant.

If he was just a guy with a blog and access to Twitter I would agree with you but he isn't so I don't

One thing that has made me laugh for a so called top journalist is his use of 'Am told ........ etc etc' :)

Good read, that.

That Tim is how you write about the club you love and remain impartial.

I appreciate there's a word missing here but this fucking tickled me.

Johnny Phillips said:
In 1999, owner Sir Jack Hayward sued his Jonathan

Great article though.

Yeah I look forward to his articles, dont always agree with him but always seems to write with a bit of thought and common sense

Pretty pathetic that there hasn't been a sniff this morning's news yet released on their media channels. You'd have thought if they were "itk" they'd have had it all lined up to press go. Surely it's not a one man Tim show.

They may well have had everything lined up but agreed not to release anything due to Ikeme's diagnosis?

Can't say I'm fussed about this TBH - I'm sure we'll get articles on the new players soon enough.

Back