• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

He was so certain over Saiss and Ivan. Would indicate he has managed to get an "in" with the club.

If we had taken over a week to sign a player last season we would have had 17 stories telling us it was close to collapse.

I think when the club are comfortable that something is definitely going to happen they tip him the nod. He's a much better writer than Tim I (plus actually genuinely cares about Wolves) although I will add that is a really low bar - all you have to do is be competent, don't persistently search for the negative angle and not be a nasty, sniping piece of work who can't be fucked doing any research at all. He isn't very good at any kind of critical analysis, his verdicts and player assessments are always way wide of the mark and there's little that he writes that ever goes into any kind of depth or does a great deal beyond stating the bland facts. Made a tit of himself over Ken's sacking too.

I see there is an article in the E and S today about Fosun making a huge profit over the past six months. But it also says that they carry a debt of some eleven billion should we be worried about this. I am no financial Whizz can someone explain to me how this all works

debt is fairly standard in an investment company. It is leveraged against making substantial profits from those investments. Plus they have masses of money against those debts as well.

If there are 11 Chinese billionaires who all fancy starting an investment company and they all bung in a billion each expecting a return then that company has £11bn debt but is phenomenally cash rich

If there are 11 Chinese billionaires who all fancy starting an investment company and they all bung in a billion each expecting a return then that company has £11bn debt but is phenomenally cash rich

Oh ok thanks Paddy that explains it do we know exactly how much FOSUN are worth and how many investment people are involved. Is Jeff going to be cash rich or is he just running the club.

Guo Guangchang is the main guy and he is stupidly wealthy.

Oh ok thanks Paddy that explains it do we know exactly how much FOSUN are worth

If FOSUN sold all their investments and were just left with Wolves - around $56bn in cash would be in their account

Jeff is just the FOSUN guy at the top of the table. He is technically the Chairman but without the title. Mr G is the uber boss (he has a self worth of around $6bn)

If FOSUN sold all their investments and were just left with Wolves - around $56bn in cash would be in their account

Jeff is just the FOSUN guy at the top of the table. He is technically the Chairman but without the title. Mr G is the uber boss (he has a self worth of around $6bn)

Ok thanks we are minted then nothing to worry about happy days

Ok thanks we are minted then nothing to worry about happy days

Here's a gif of the Fosun board meetings.

original.gif

Proper coffee spitting moment yesterday when the Editor off the E&S was on Twitter moaning that someone hadn't named them as their source for a story!!

This from a paper that runs numerous stories they have taken from elsewhere and run them as their own.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 18m18 minutes ago
This time you have to name Carl Ikeme's all time WOLVES five-a-side-team from players that he's played with. Must have the tag #IkemeFive

‏@tim_spiers_Star
@OfficialWolves John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi. There's your first three. #IkemeFive

Played Tim, played

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 18m18 minutes ago
This time you have to name Carl Ikeme's all time WOLVES five-a-side-team from players that he's played with. Must have the tag #IkemeFive

‏@tim_spiers_Star
@OfficialWolves John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi. There's your first three. #IkemeFive

Played Tim, played
Shows good flashes, doesn't he?

Nash in "being a windup bellend shocker"

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_1

Edwards, Stearman, Price and Coady go to all four sides to clap the fans. Cavaleiro stands in the centre circle, talking to Lucas Joao.

Nash in "being a windup bellend shocker"

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_1

Edwards, Stearman, Price and Coady go to all four sides to clap the fans. Cavaleiro stands in the centre circle, talking to Lucas Joao.

We must only pick English players from now on, the foreigners have no pash-un and don't respect the fans!!!!!

Tim Nash is such a complete fucking belmer.

Such a shame they hand out the points for clapping at the stands.

Back