• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

It's not that, I just don't think anyone who's watched Wolves this season would agree with more than about three of his assessments there.

Having read it again I can just about get to that - Graham, Price & Iorfa though still a bit OTT on scores, but thats it

The E&S have tweeted more times about their end of season polls than Sky Sports have mentioned West Ham leaving the Boleyn Ground this week.

I like this though

Then there’s gambling firm BetBright, forced recently to apologise after sending a Good Friday email to customers saying Jesus “would probably frown on you betting on a holy day, but he’s been dead years”.

I now like BetBright

I really like Tim Spiers. On the whole, the standard of his reporting and matchday tweeting is a vast improvement on Tim Nash.

I really like Tim Spiers. On the whole, the standard of his reporting and matchday tweeting is a vast improvement on Tim Nash.

His stuff done as a fan is fine. Although he can do mixed messages when tweeting, his opinions on the game can change if people disagree with him, he can go from "this is good from Wolves, looking dangerous" to "So poor, offering nothing here and not looking like doing so" in the space of 2 tweets.

What he needs to work on is his outside of match day stuff. Should be challenging the club but instead its like he is outside the Stadium asking politely if he could pop in and have a look at the pictures on the Wall.

I like the guy but his player verdicts for the season were an absolute nonsense.

A big step up from Tim Nash who I'd happily brain with a garden spade.

Should be challenging the club but instead its like he is outside the Stadium asking politely if he could pop in and have a look at the pictures on the Wall.

I agree that he doesn't hold the club to account enough, but I suppose that even if he did, Moxey/Thelwell/Jackett would just flatbat anything particularly negative, so we're not really missing out on anything in the first place.

You'd need Woodward and Bernstein levels of reporting to get anything out of the top brass, it seems.

I agree that he doesn't hold the club to account enough, but I suppose that even if he did, Moxey/Thelwell/Jackett would just flatbat anything particularly negative, so we're not really missing out on anything in the first place.

You'd need Woodward and Bernstein levels of reporting to get anything out of the top brass, it seems.

It doesn't have to be negative though. That's been the E&S's problem in the past, whack out something with a stupidly out of context headline and a story that means nothing, knowing the only thing people will remember is the bit in big letters. Just something that asks questions, whether done directly at KJ, Jez or whoever or something that gets the fans talking about the content. Maybe Tim II is paying the price for the antics of Tim I and the E&S editor and is severely restricted

Praising the fact that we won't be doing a Bolton in one paragraph but then being critical that we don't spend beyond our means like others mentioned are doing/have done in an attempt to get on the Premier League gravy train.

Still a better read than the Google search article from yesterday.

We need to sign someone or sell someone quickly. Otherwise we'll be getting these banal wastes of bandwidth on a daily basis.

Well they've got to to something this summer to earn their wage. It's not like they can report on the Euros as they aren't paid to know about it...

Back