• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I still can't understand why they are keeping Kenny Jackett

Because in public he:
Doesn't complain

Is accepting of towing the party line re sales and young player development.

Is prepared to receive whatever transfer fees are presented to him even if a player sale would theoretically mean that these should be higher without complaining to the media

Because Jez knows that Jackett is unlikely to get the chance to manage a club the size of Wolves again and presumably the salary that goes with it and therefore won't make waves

Because he is a competent enough manager to ensure we stay in the Championship which while we are up for sale seems to be the extent of our ambition.

Because the man in charge doesn't want to go on a hunt to find his replacement. Either he can't be arsed or doesn't feel he can sell the club in its current state to anyone above the standards of Dean Saunders. Right now, I reckon we would end up with John Carver.

fans have had fair warning in the past of the policy

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...lverhampton-wanderers-chief-jez-moxey-4291839

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/premier-league-managers-sack

From the second article: Jez Moxey, the Wolves chief executive, agrees: "You must get the right manager. Once you think you have, maintaining him in the post over the medium to long term has a whole range of benefits that perhaps aren't seen by supporters and others if they don't get immediate results."

regardless of the KJ situation, i think jez has always had trouble with cause and effect. he associates success arising from longevity rather than good management and evidential progress on and off the pitch being the cause of the longevity that an alex ferguson achieved. no doubt there's a PWC report somewhere in his office that simply makes the correlation between the two (success/longevity) that results in this skewed thinking, similar to imagining that surviving for two seasons in the premier league entitles you to start thinking about finishing in the top 5/6 nevermind whether the squad is actually anywhere near good enough.

The best CEO in the world said:
Let's meet on a quarterly basis to ask what are our goals? OK, we haven't achieved our last quarter, let's set our expectations for the next quarter, for where we want to be. Let's make sure the fans, the local media don't think we should be top of the league.'"

It's this kind of statement that boils my piss. He shouldn't be telling anybody how to support a club or what expectations to have. That is for fans to decide not that arrogant prick. If he wants to know how the fans feel he could use a forum, you know something made up of the fans..... can't think of how that could be done... He could also do with not wasting money on pathetic studies to tell him what he wants to hear. Jez Moxey really is an appallingly spineless CEO.

Because he is a competent enough manager to ensure we stay in the Championship which while we are up for sale seems to be the extent of our ambition.

This is it. The absolute be-all-and-end-all of Kenny's position. He won't be relieved of his duties here unless we get really dragged into the relegation battle next season. For as long as he can get 55-60 points on the board and happily work with young players, he's got a job while the club is in limbo.

Does deja vu wolf write for the E&S?
They have a poll today asking if Dave Edwards will fire in the goals in the final few games of the season.

What a bizarre question to ask. As Deutsch pointed out recently, his goalscoring record is pretty poor.

They may as well ask the same question of George Saville or perhaps more pertinently 'will Dave Edwards run around loads with little purpose in the final few games of the season'?

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...5/13/wolves-players-how-they-rated-this-term/

JAMES HENRY, 8

His best season in a Wolves shirt. Very consistent. Seven goals and plenty of assists. Endlessly positive and creative. Potential in the No 10 role, too.

CARL IKEME, 8

A traumatic start to the season after he was unceremoniously dropped – twice. But since Christmas he’s been back to his very best. A true pro.

:ursofunny:

Christ on a fucking bike :icon_lol:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...5/13/wolves-players-how-they-rated-this-term/

JAMES HENRY, 8

His best season in a Wolves shirt. Very consistent. Seven goals and plenty of assists. Endlessly positive and creative. Potential in the No 10 role, too.

CARL IKEME, 8

A traumatic start to the season after he was unceremoniously dropped – twice. But since Christmas he’s been back to his very best. A true pro.

:ursofunny:

The Guess and Stir strike again! It must have been another slow news day...

Every single one of those ratings are ludicrous, barring Graham.

You'd think we'd been promoted.

MIKE WILLIAMSON, 8

A short-lived revelation. Wolves kept three clean sheets in his five games – the same number they’d kept in 16 before that. Need him fit next season.

NOUHA DICKO, 5

We should be careful not to put too much pressure on his shoulders, but my, how Wolves missed him. Only six appearances before his injury.

I'm not saying that Dicko was amazing before his injury, or that Williamson was poor but these 'scores' really aren't very consistent. Especially when Ikeme is rated 8.

And I've just noticed that Siggy got the same score as Dicko :icon_lol:

The comments are very strange too, why is no-one acknowledging that for all Doherty's good last two months he was fucking horrendous at left back in December, January and February? I don't recall Benik's body language being 'appalling' against Leeds, Reading or Brighton and he played well at Charlton by all accounts - four of his last five games there. Did Batth really shine in the last two months? Really? Must have been in the handful of away games I didn't see then. And left back is definitely fucking not Helan's position, he even played there for Wednesday last week and was shite.

Came here to mention exactly the same. What a fucking shocking article. Absolutely zero merit in it.

Car crash journalism, I think we can rest assured Mr Spiers or whomever is a raging sycophant with this piece. I've lost a lot of time for him, he usually had some reasonable points but this is crazy.

Opinions in differing shocker.

It's not that, I just don't think anyone who's watched Wolves this season would agree with more than about three of his assessments there.

If we had a film review thread and I rated The Godfather II as 1/10, I could play the 'it's an opinions game innit bruv' card if I wanted but it wouldn't lend any weight to my argument which would of course be palpably and demonstrably wrong.

There are opinions, and then there are objective assessments.
Journalism shouldn't be about opinions, it should be more of a full, frank objective appraisal.

You can have opinion pieces, I would class a season review as such. You just can't afford for your opinion to be so laughably wrong.

Back