• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I always felt sorry for Naylor. Paulo Maldini would have looked bobbins with Mark Kennedy playing in front of him, watching from the half way line with his hands on his hips while 2 men doubled up on his full back.

That as may be Naylor also made a rod for his own back on plenty of occasions... Notlob away in the prem in 03... Single handedly cost us the game.

Naylor still made the same defensive mistakes that he made as a 17 year old for his entire career, he never grasped the basics. Not too bad going forward which led to batshit mental calls for him to play on the left of midfield from our fans.

More than the supporters making him a scapegoat (he did get a lot of stick, some justified, some not) it was Dave Jones who was the worst for it. Continually singled him out for criticism or dropped him at the first opportunity. Also did the old DJ trick of treating a player like shit at Wolves then handing them a new contract and/or signing them for another club.

It was only after he left that I discovered his first name wasn't 'fookinell'

Naylor still made the same defensive mistakes that he made as a 17 year old for his entire career, he never grasped the basics. Not too bad going forward which led to batshit mental calls for him to play on the left of midfield from our fans.

More than the supporters making him a scapegoat (he did get a lot of stick, some justified, some not) it was Dave Jones who was the worst for it. Continually singled him out for criticism or dropped him at the first opportunity. Also did the old DJ trick of treating a player like shit at Wolves then handing them a new contract and/or signing them for another club.

I'm glad this wasn't just me. I was astounded when Kev Cooper followed him to Cardiff despite Jones seemingly shitting on him at any opportunity.

Oakes as well, who was probably the worst treated out of all of them.

Iversen didn't fall for it. He was also bizarrely treated I seem to recall.

It's a fucking eyesore. Rank looking pub even when it was open.

Can't believe it'll be another blooming Aldi though. They've not even finished building the one on the same road at Oldbury!

It is falling down anyway. The only reason it could be POSSIBLY considered landmark is through its position. As in "the Black Country museum? Yes I know where that is. Go down the Birmingham New Road and turn right 800 yards after the enormous falling down shithole of an ex-pub at the top of the hill and you will see it on your right"

The E&S tries to go all tabloid-y. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2015/10/07/abuse-from-fans-cited-for-wolves-sale/

How come Threlfall feels 'guilty' about his part in bringing Morgan to Wolves, yet at the same time says he's done 'a fantastic job'?

And the word 'believes' at the start of this article is quite telling - allowing the E&S to push the 'Preston abuse a major catalyst' argument. Because in reality, I doubt Kevin Threlfall has any idea whatsoever why Morgan made his decision.

The E&S tries to go all tabloid-y. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2015/10/07/abuse-from-fans-cited-for-wolves-sale/

How come Threlfall feels 'guilty' about his part in bringing Morgan to Wolves, yet at the same time says he's done 'a fantastic job'?

And the word 'believes' at the start of this article is quite telling - allowing the E&S to push the 'Preston abuse a major catalyst' argument. Because in reality, I doubt Kevin Threlfall has any idea whatsoever why Morgan made his decision.

When did he last talk to SM? It's all guesswork.

What is that Conservative councillor on about?

The letters would act as a guide to those getting off the train at the station and wanting to shop in the centre of town? REALLY???

Who comes to Wolverhampton on the train to bloody shop?

Back