• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

It's remarkable how many of our fans can't read. Or maybe there's some sort of magic eye imagery within that article that I can't see? I'm shit at magic eye pictures.

Express & Star are like WM, there never happy unless there's a crisis at Molineux and if there isn't one they'll make one up.

It's remarkable how many of our fans can't read. Or maybe there's some sort of magic eye imagery within that article that I can't see? I'm $#@! at magic eye pictures.

Whilst I agree he doesn't say there aren't any new signings and they aren't looking for players, it does say that it would be hard to bring in players that are better than those that played on Tuesday and that is utter horseshit. It's like Sako never existed and Dave Edwards was miraculously better than him.

The fact they think Dave Edwards in the first team is hard to replace is also bollocks. However I do concede he's hardly going to say that Edwards was shit and we are desperate for a wide player.

The other quote in the article that is baffling

Kenny and Kev (head of football development Kevin Thelwell) have always said if you bring in a player it has to be better than what you have got

Isn't it Thelwell's job to make sure that potential signings are better? Otherwise what is the point of his job?

Is your sabbatical from there enforced or your choice? Have to say this Summer on there has been unbearable

Whilst I agree he doesn't say there aren't any new signings and they aren't looking for players, it does say that it would be hard to bring in players that are better than those that played on Tuesday and that is utter horseshit. It's like Sako never existed and Dave Edwards was miraculously better than him.

The fact they think Dave Edwards in the first team is hard to replace is also bollocks. However I do concede he's hardly going to say that Edwards was shit and we are desperate for a wide player.

The other quote in the article that is baffling

Isn't it Thelwell's job to make sure that potential signings are better? Otherwise what is the point of his job?

Agreed, reading between the Wolves lines is getting easier every year.

Is your sabatical from there enforced or your choice? Have to this Summer on there has been unbearable

My choice. It's not my cup of tea anymore. It is for some.

Reading between the lines it's a seemingly no more business. However the e and s don't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Johnny. The headline might not match the quotes but what Gallen actually said has seriously pissed me off.

This whole mess reminds me of the summer before our prem relegation. We seem entirely too satisfied with what we've got despite the failures of the previous season.

I can see why, 12 different threads all with the same people saying the same things

By all means rip them to pieces should we get a bollicking next Saturday but let's a least get a competitive game out of the way first.

Agree with Johnny. The headline might not match the quotes but what Gallen actually said has seriously pissed me off.

This whole mess reminds me of the summer before our prem relegation. We seem entirely too satisfied with what we've got despite the failures of the previous season.

I don't think we're satisfied with what we've got at all. As Johnny says - what are they supposed to say? No point getting wound up by the same rhetoric we hear during every transfer window - KJ has said almost word for word what Gallen has said today on more than one occasion.

I totally get why people are frustrated with the lack of signings - moreso than in previous years because we should have the means to bring people in (wages freed up etc). If we don't strengthen before the window shuts, I too will be mightily pissed off and I am fully aware the clock is ticking.

Yet I do feel my enthusiasm for the campaign being sapped away by the negativity and usual E&S scare mongering. Because although there are clear weaknesses in the squad that urgently need addressing, the negativity is not all warranted.

My thoughts too to be honest.

Surely no one is considering last season to have been a failure!

I thought our transfer business last summer was disappointing at best and expected much better this time around. I am pleased with the potential of the 2 players we have brought in so far but will be seriously pissed off we dont get a wide player and another striker in before the deadline. I expected a replacement for Sako to be one of the first bits of business we did.

I don't think we're satisfied with what we've got at all. As Johnny says - what are they supposed to say? No point getting wound up by the same rhetoric we hear during every transfer window - KJ has said almost word for word what Gallen has said today on more than one occasion.

I totally get why people are frustrated with the lack of signings - moreso than in previous years because we should have the means to bring people in (wages freed up etc). If we don't strengthen before the window shuts, I too will be mightily pissed off and I am fully aware the clock is ticking.

Yet I do feel my enthusiasm for the campaign being sapped away by the negativity and usual E&S scare mongering. Because although there are clear weaknesses in the squad that urgently need addressing, the negativity is not all warranted.

I think what irks people, me included is that the two areas which needed the most attention were damn obvious in May, personally I think it's rank poor management (not necessarily by KJ) to have not filled those places by the time the season starts. If we are waiting for someone like a Lingard to come back from a pre season tour before getting them in on loan then I will take that back, but there is nothing to suggest that is the case. Shoe-horning Dave Edwards onto the left wing / midfield is scandalous if that's what we end up doing and that's not meant as a dig at Edwards, as is wanting to play a system with two forwards and having only two first team ones in the squad

The club haven't helped themselves by stating that Sako would be replaced back in May and that they'd be willing to spend to ensure he was replaced properly.

I think what irks people, me included is that the two areas which needed the most attention were damn obvious in May, personally I think it's rank poor management (not necessarily by KJ) to have not filled those places by the time the season starts. If we are waiting for someone like a Lingard to come back from a pre season tour before getting them in on loan then I will take that back, but there is nothing to suggest that is the case. Shoe-horning Dave Edwards onto the left wing / midfield is scandalous if that's what we end up doing and that's not meant as a dig at Edwards, as is wanting to play a system with two forwards and having only two first team ones in the squad

It's definitely the Sako replacement that annoys me the most. As for someone like Lingard - personally I wouldn't be too happy with waiting this long to bring in a player purely on loan, with no option to buy. And it'd be a new direction for Jackett to do that. Obviously it'd be better than nothing but I'd want us to be bringing a player in permanently who would be first choice and could make an immediate impact.

Another striker I can understand the lack of activity slightly more because they would know they're coming in to be 3rd choice behind Afobe/Dicko - I don't blame Wood for choosing 1st choice at Leeds for our bench for example.

The club haven't helped themselves by stating that Sako would be replaced back in May and that they'd be willing to spend to ensure he was replaced properly.

Yes, I totally agree with this.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...07/31/joe-gallen-dont-expect-wolves-signings/

With a headline of "Joe Gallen: Don’t expect Wolves signings", you'd think that maybe somewhere within the article is something from Joe Gallen saying that we shouldn't expect any more signings. I've read through it twice just to check and at no point does he say 'don't expect Wolves signings'.

Appalling shit stirring yet again.

Typical Express & Star being pricks again.
Basically Wolves will improve the squad when better players than they have become available, and if they have to enter the new season with whats available there is sufficient confidence in the squad.

If I was Joe Gallen I wouldn't talk to the fuckers again.

Surely no one is considering last season to have been a failure!

The aim last season was promotion. We failed. We didnt fail as badly as most of us expected but it was still a failure.

Back