• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Nine years and managed to write a grand total of 0 perceptive pieces. Never once displayed any feel for the club, the support, the history, built precisely no relationships with any of our managers. Showed no real footballing knowledge on any kind of level. Constantly dealt in bitchy articles taking some kind of hamfisted swing at the club. Basic lack of fact checking, sloppy bordering on unprofessional writing style. Forever picking a stance and refusing to budge even despite evidence to the contrary, eg "Wolves will have to sell Berra before they sign a centre half", "Lassana Diarra on trial -> I'm not paid to know about foreign football".

But other than that, he was okay?

Tim Nash @TimNash_star
Congratulations to @tim_spiers_Star who is the @ExpressandStar 's new #Wolves correspondent. Like me he's a #Wolves fan so pls follow him!

Tim is a Wolves fan? Really? With the anti Wolves shit he kept trolling out I was sure he was a Walsall or Albion fan!

Tim is a Wolves fan? Really? With the anti Wolves $#@! he kept trolling out I was sure he was a Walsall or Albion fan!

In the same way Robbie Keane was a Liverpool/Tottenham/Coventry/etc fan.

To be honest, that's probably a little harsh...

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to believe that Timbo is a Wolves fan. A big section of our support seem to glory in watching Wolves fail and are only truly happy when there's something to moan about.

And that will be the challenge for Tim Spiers. Large swathes of the E&S readership, both online and in the physical paper want the general slant to be anti-club. I don't know why, but they do. Under the Nash stewardship this has been actively pushed. It will be interesting to see if Tim Spiers is forced to go down the same route. I can remember some of his blogs getting a right shoeing as they were seen as to positive and he was "just toeing the line that the club wanted".

But other than that, he was okay?

Still, good news on the Chocolate Oranges.

I don't mind people being critical of the club if it's in some way reasoned or evidenced. Not just made up tosh.

I wondered why Tim Spiers followed us on Twitter yesterday...

Actually thinking about it, perversely his biggest ever failing was not criticising Saunders in any way until he'd been sacked. If you were minded to pitch things negatively as that's what your audience want, how much more of an opportunity could you want? But no, Timbo's line right up to and including Brighton was 'he has been dealt a tough hand and is doing his best, hard to see anyone doing better'. No criticism of his tactics, tombola wheel selections, appalling results, nonsense public statements. What absolute horseshit.

This from a paper that disrespected Solbakken on the day we appointed him and then ran story after story about him losing the dressing room, the shitbirds.

Welcome to the new job Nashy

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 15m15 minutes ago
At Shrewsbury Town fans parliament meeting for the pie tasting.

Well at least he gets to go to that one. Absolute persona non grata for our parliament meetings. Did meet him outside once when the Morgan meeting finished.

Actually thinking about it, perversely his biggest ever failing was not criticising Saunders in any way until he'd been sacked. If you were minded to pitch things negatively as that's what your audience want, how much more of an opportunity could you want? But no, Timbo's line right up to and including Brighton was 'he has been dealt a tough hand and is doing his best, hard to see anyone doing better'. No criticism of his tactics, tombola wheel selections, appalling results, nonsense public statements. What absolute horse$#@!.

This from a paper that disrespected Solbakken on the day we appointed him and then ran story after story about him losing the dressing room, the $#@!birds.

To be honest the one really big issue I ever had with him....well, two big issues now I remember the alleged dressing room thing that Stale hit back on - was an article on Jamie O'Hara when he was in the Wolves doghouse! Basically interviews him then just turns around and attacks him in a follow up article knowing the fans werent exactly keen on him.

Don't get me wrong, O'Hara was - sorry, O'Hara is a right tosser but that really was uncalled for especially from a local journalist! Its the kind of thing that makes the tabloids so cringeworthy really! As for the articles in general I rely more on the Wolves twitter feed anyways but all the same I wouldnt have called what he wrote THAT awful

the E & S didn't hold the club to account in the way it should have done, which is the duty of a free press in an open society. Perhaps in some ways he didn't keep enough of a professional distance from the club.

Unbelievably, that was a post over the road. Fucking hell....

As for the articles in general I rely more on the Wolves twitter feed anyways but all the same I wouldnt have called what he wrote THAT awful

Then with all due respect, you have no idea what writing about football should be all about.

I appreciate that in the modern age, breaking football news and getting Exclusive's isn't as easy as it used to be with numerous social media and news outlets, but Nash didn't ever break a story, nor offer any true insight or opinion piece as to what was going on at the club. His idea of an Exclusive was to get Bully's view on something and sell it as news.

He also was the only person to think Milijas deserved the red against Arsenal.

I know Tim Spiers sister, their whole family are big Wolves fans and sit in the BW. Be interesting to see if he offers anything new or is being constrained by editorial guidelines.

Back