• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I haven't read a physical copy of the paper for a while, but do these errors creep into print too?

At least it's a factually correct statement, their pieces are regularly sprinkled with out and out errors. Stuff that isn't even hard to check either. I don't think they have anyone on board who has any appreciation for our club or our history (recent or distant) at all. Nash doesn't understand football or the business/financial side of football at all, let alone Wolves.

To be fair I'd be amazed if they even look to Twitter, who needs "sauces" or accuracy anyway?! About 18 months ago my mate was involved in a car accident no injuries but there were a few on the same day, in the E&S report they commented on my mates accident which was during the roadworks towards the i54, they then posted a picture taken by some rubbernecker at my friends accident of him with the story concerning the crash where a young girl had spinal injuries totally misrepresenting him. They are contemptible.

That could potentially have been actionable, BTW...

It was noticed in the morning on the website edition and he phoned them up threatening all sorts and it was swiftly taken down, no apology simply "we'll remove it from the website but if they've started printing we can't do anything" luckily it didn't make the paper copy.

Tim Nash @TimNash_star
So after 9 yrs covering #Wolves for the @ExpressandStar and 15 yrs on the paper, I'll now be reporting on @shrewsweb for the @ShropshireStar

Nine years and managed to write a grand total of 0 perceptive pieces. Never once displayed any feel for the club, the support, the history, built precisely no relationships with any of our managers. Showed no real footballing knowledge on any kind of level. Constantly dealt in bitchy articles taking some kind of hamfisted swing at the club. Basic lack of fact checking, sloppy bordering on unprofessional writing style. Forever picking a stance and refusing to budge even despite evidence to the contrary, eg "Wolves will have to sell Berra before they sign a centre half", "Lassana Diarra on trial -> I'm not paid to know about foreign football".

Terrible, terrible journalist who by rights should be struggling to write blurb for Buzzfeed rather than being the head reporter on the target area's major football club.

Tim Nash @TimNash_star
Congratulations to @tim_spiers_Star who is the @ExpressandStar 's new #Wolves correspondent. Like me he's a #Wolves fan so pls follow him!

Nine years and managed to write a grand total of 0 perceptive pieces. Never once displayed any feel for the club, the support, the history, built precisely no relationships with any of our managers. Showed no real footballing knowledge on any kind of level. Constantly dealt in bitchy articles taking some kind of hamfisted swing at the club. Basic lack of fact checking, sloppy bordering on unprofessional writing style. Forever picking a stance and refusing to budge even despite evidence to the contrary, eg "Wolves will have to sell Berra before they sign a centre half", "Lassana Diarra on trial -> I'm not paid to know about foreign football".

Terrible, terrible journalist who by rights should be struggling to write blurb for Buzzfeed rather than being the head reporter on the target area's major football club.

But you wish him well?

Tim Nash @TimNash_star
Congratulations to @tim_spiers_Star who is the @ExpressandStar 's new #Wolves correspondent. Like me he's a #Wolves fan so pls follow him!

Wasn't he the chap who was doing the E&S blog awhile back? He also did some Guardian pieces?

Tim Nash's career in pictures

tim-nash1.thumb.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

It isn't just the sports department that struggles with basic fact checking, had a read of this article at lunch time...

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/05/31/12m-cinema-rises-up-at-walsall-waterfront/

They mention that the building work is being carried out by Kier Property, that's the developer rather than the contractor, it's GF Tomlinson who are actually doing the construction, you know the company who's signage is in two of the pictures within the article.

Sums him up perfectly, he was an embarrassing journalist stealing a living. In this day and age there is no excuse for the complete garbage he was responsible for. Basic skills in prose and grammar were too much for him, let alone facts.

Back