• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Ironically, given his propensity for ducking questions he doesn't fancy, this is one he really should have dodged given his lack of knowledge. In fact it would have been fine for him to say 'I don't know enough about this so can't comment' on this occasion.

It annoys me that he knows nothing about our Academy teams, his knowledge of football generally is laughable, his writing style is riddled with basic grammatical and syntactical errors and has no flair, his verdicts are awful and almost always miss the point, he has nothing of any interest to contribute regarding opinions on individual players, multiple managers consider him an absolute joke, and yet he still retains that position. He is an appalling journalist.

Not a fan of timbo then?

There are very good reasons why the club offer the E&S nothing, this has gone on under numerous managers and there is one common denominator. His toe crawling account of his exchange with O'Hara was the absolute nadir (who voluntarily publishes copy where you look like the bitch of a fat, crap footballer) but generally he is so poor as to beggar belief. Claiming we had Lassana Diarra on trial in December 2011, despite him playing in El Clasico that very month, and refusing to back down being a personal highlight.

There are very good reasons why the club offer the E&S nothing, this has gone on under numerous managers and there is one common denominator. His toe crawling account of his exchange with O'Hara was the absolute nadir (who voluntarily publishes copy where you look like the bitch of a fat, crap footballer) but generally he is so poor as to beggar belief. Claiming we had Lassana Diarra on trial in December 2011, despite him playing in El Clasico that very month, and refusing to back down being a personal highlight.

Think it was Keita wasn't it?

For me the worst bit was when Mick showed THAT Milijas tackle on video to all the assembled journos national and local at his press conference and asked any of them if they thought it was a red card. Only Shit Man thought it was. Excellent support from the local paper.

He was desperate to be heard I think.

On March 15, 1980, Wolverhampton Wanderers took on Nottingham Forest, beating them 1-0 after a goal in the 67th minute from Andy Gray.

Were you there? Did you take any snaps of the match and supporters, or did you watch the game at home or in the pub?

It wasn't shown live so you wouldn't have seen it at home or in the pub. IIRC the highlights weren't on the box until the following day! You would think that the B&S would check these things out before writing such bollocks.

On March 15, 1980, Wolverhampton Wanderers took on Nottingham Forest, beating them 1-0 after a goal in the 67th minute from Andy Gray.

Were you there? Did you take any snaps of the match and supporters, or did you watch the game at home or in the pub?

It wasn't shown live so you wouldn't have seen it at home or in the pub. IIRC the highlights weren't on the box until the following day! You would think that the B&S would check these things out before writing such bollocks.

I was in the front room of my mom' house listening to it on the radio (11 years old back then)

I was in the front room of my mom' house listening to it on the radio (11 years old back then)

I was eight and was doing the same. My old man and uncle had tickets but couldn't get them for me and my brother. We stayed up late as my dad promised to bring us back a flag although we were eventually packed off to bed as he came home worse for wear in the early hours without the flag. :rage:

We got a League Cup winners one from Molineux the following home game and it took pride of place on my bedroom wall for years.

It was shown the following day. Brian Moore was the commentator. I was there and it was a great day out.
John Barnwell was the manager and Richie Barker was his assistant.
John McCalle had broken his leg a few weeks before, and when he came out of the tunnel on crutches, where the majority of the Wolves fans were, they gave him a great reception. Happy memories.

It was shown the following day. Brian Moore was the commentator. I was there and it was a great day out.
John Barnwell was the manager and Richie Barker was his assistant.
John McCalle had broken his leg a few weeks before, and when he came out of the tunnel on crutches, where the majority of the Wolves fans were, they gave him a great reception. Happy memories.

Wolf Hunting had it on cassette, it was one of those proper old school ones, white plastic etc. I gave it a listen once, sounded a totally mental atmosphere

I was there with my 2 uncles (Walnut being one of them), I remember being down the tube station surrounded by forest fans when all of a sudden you could hear this noise getting louder and louder and from nowhere came hundreds of Wolves fans singing their hearts out, What a day

Back