• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

BOOM

Morgan doesn't own Redrow though. He has 30% of it so what you are suggesting he cannot do unless the other 70%, who have nothing to do with Wolves, agree. You are basically lifting hopes of Wolves fans that money can easily be found by Morgan from other sources.by DW 2:24 PM

Good stuff chaps :D

As a serious point, implying that the Chairman of a publicly listed company is about to sell shares (or should) to fund the club is a market-influencing event for the Redrow share price, and therefore Tim is actually on very shaky legal ground and is probably in breach of the stock exchange rules. Wouldn't be surprised if someone from Redrow doesn't have a word.

No I'm suggesting what he could do with his dividend, ie his own money, as an extremely rich man, so nothing to do with other shareholders. I don't see how I'm raising hopes of Wolves fans! I'm just giving an opinion.

No I'm suggesting what he could do with his dividend, ie his own money, as an extremely rich man, so nothing to do with other shareholders. I don't see how I'm raising hopes of Wolves fans! I'm just giving an opinion.

He doesn't get it at all.

Morgan could put all this year's share dividend from Redrow into Wolves, sure. Wouldn't really do much though.

He was suggesting releasing share capital on a mass scale which is an entirely different thing - and also is not what he did when he bought Wolves in 2007.

As a serious point, implying that the Chairman of a publicly listed company is about to sell shares (or should) to fund the club is a market-influencing event for the Redrow share price, and therefore Tim is actually on very shaky legal ground and is probably in breach of the stock exchange rules. Wouldn't be surprised if someone from Redrow doesn't have a word.

How I read it originally though was to issue shares in Wolves, buy them and use the cash to buy players, hence his point of getting his money back when he sells the club.

How I read it originally though was to issue shares in Wolves, buy them and use the cash to buy players, hence his point of getting his money back when he sells the club.

Easier just to put a soft non interest bearing loan in to Wolves tbf, as he's already 100% shareholder and we're not listed on any exchanges.

Well done gents...Tim really needs to do some serious research before typing his absolute shite!
Did Pinkoman get the reply she wanted about Matt?

Right, who's going to start hounding him on Twitter??! :icon_wink:

Tim - you said release shares. That has nothing to do with a dividend. Do you even know what the dividend Redrow paid this year was? 2p per share. There are 369,999,000 Redrow shares in issue, so basically Morgan owns something like 120m shares. 2p a share dividend on that is a grand total of £2.4m before tax.

Tim - you said release shares. That has nothing to do with a dividend. Do you even know what the dividend Redrow paid this year was? 2p per share. There are 369,999,000 Redrow shares in issue, so basically Morgan owns something like 120m shares. 2p a share dividend on that is a grand total of £2.4m before tax.

So he should sell all of that, get out of Redrow and use the 2.4m to buy a midfield general. Unless, of course, he has no ambition, right?

He gets £2.4m (well, around £1.4m after tax) just for owning the shares, he doesn't have to sell anything.

Might pay for one Eggert Jonsson once you take wages, signing on fee etc into account.

Great work bumholes, top stuff to read after finishing work.

I would have thought as a journalist of Wolves, he'd have known that Redrow paid £74m in dividends this year and the owner of Wolves would have got about £22m of that.

Really though, it's an irrelevance. How Steve Morgan's other business interests perform have no impact on what he 'should' spend on Wolves. It's breathtakingly ignorant and arrogant to demand that someone spends their own money in a certain way.

Morgan has always said that he would never be a chequebook chairman, right from the outset - so why Timbo thinks he 'could and should' chuck more money at Wolves is beyond me.

I would have thought as a journalist of Wolves, he'd have known that Redrow paid £74m in dividends this year and the owner of Wolves would have got about £22m of that.

While that is true, Tim Nash has hung the whole thing on the final year profit figure and so the final dividend of 2p per share is what actually matters, and not the figure including the larger interim dividend paid out at half year.

Not that redraw is in any way relevant. If Steve Morgan wanted to pump huge money into wolves and FFP didn't exist he has free assets to do so. He could just make a cash loan. However that isn't the model being pursued is it? Self sufficiency is the idea.

Back