• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Granted, but it's all good and well pulling him apart on here isn't it. He's doing a live web-chat right now - why not take the challenge directly to him??

Some of us do have to work occasionally you know ;)

And even allowing for how I like to put off work at all costs and entangle myself in pointless arguments over minutiae, there's no point if you aren't going to get a back and forth, which you wouldn't.

Granted, but it's all good and well pulling him apart on here isn't it. He's doing a live web-chat right now - why not take the challenge directly to him??

He won't answer questions he doesn't like. I'm surprised he answered the one about the Under 21's and gave an answer about hearing good things about players. It's like he's not paid to know about the Under 21s either.

3 or 4 times now they have allowed questions about signing a Midfielder
2 or 3 times asking if Sako will leave

It really is top Moderation. Makes ours on here look good......

On the Morgan share issue you raised earlier - He doesn't need to release shares . Morgan owns 30% of redrow so just pays out a dividend to release money. Of course all the other shareholders would get a nice dividend too. Plus the company would need to have substantial reserves to cover a huge dividend. Say half of the profit was turned into a dividend. So £45m. Morgan then gets about £15m of that before tax. So somewhat less than £10m when the taxman has finished with it. And that is assuming that Morgan actually wants to take money out of Redrow and out it into Wolves when the two companies have ABSOLUTELY no connection. Can you expand on what you have said and why you think Morgan should do something that is close to be against the law?by DW 2:09 PM

\0/

Timothy - Any reason how Matt Doherty and Dave Edwards keep getting game time. Do they have something on KJ that means he has to
play them? - DW

Timbo - Oh crikey I can't believe I clicked on this question before deciding to answer it!!

What kind of a fucking answer is that?

On the Morgan share issue you raised earlier - He doesn't need to release shares . Morgan owns 30% of redrow so just pays out a dividend to release money. Of course all the other shareholders would get a nice dividend too. Plus the company would need to have substantial reserves to cover a huge dividend. Say half of the profit was turned into a dividend. So £45m. Morgan then gets about £15m of that before tax. So somewhat less than £10m when the taxman has finished with it. And that is assuming that Morgan actually wants to take money out of Redrow and out it into Wolves when the two companies have ABSOLUTELY no connection. Can you expand on what you have said and why you think Morgan should do something that is close to be against the law?

Timbo - I don't think there's anything wrong with releasing share capital as investment into the club - that's what he did in 2007. The connection is that he owns both companies so presumably can choose to fund both businesses as he wishes?
I have no doubt he is hell-bent on getting Wolves as far as possible and is hugely well intentioned to achieve success for the club.

He doesn't own Redrow though Tim. He is a shareholder.

How did you find Dean Saunders when he was in charge? He came across as a bit dim and like he had never been involved in football before.

Er, Morgan had stepped down from Redrow around seven years before he took over Wolves, so no, he didn't release share capital in 2007.

I bought a ticket for the Fulham cup game but couldn't get there because of the snow. Should the club refund loyal supporters when these things happen?
by James 2:16 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

I bought a ticket for the Fulham cup game but couldn't get there because of the snow. Should the club refund loyal supporters when these things happen?by James 2:16 PM

Er, Morgan had stepped down from Redrow around seven years before he took over Wolves, so no, he didn't release share capital in 2007.

What did he do in 2007 that old Timbo keeps referring to?

Jesus Christ.

He owns 30% of a PUBLICLY listed company. He is also the Chairman, so he can't just sell shares willy-nilly. There are stock exchange rules about when you can do that, plus also a director selling a huge number of shares would destroy the market price of Redrow. He wasn't Chairman of Redrow in 2007 either. He sold out and then bought his percentage back up in 2009 to save Redrow from going bust.

Took over Wolves and put £30m in.

It was just his money though, Redrow had nothing to do with it.

Tell Timbo, tell timbo :D

What did he do in 2007 that old Timbo keeps referring to?

When Morgan left Redrow in 2000 he reduced his holding to about 14%. He then further reduced it to 8% but I don't have a timescale for that.

Back