• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

How many Landmark pubs does Wolverhampton have?

The E&S have labelled the Goalpost and Wanderers as landmark pubs and have now done the same with the Neachells Pub.

Is their criteria for a landmark pub as follows: In Wolverhampton or surrounding area / Closed down / About to be knocked down

Not Wolves stuff, but fuck it I will moan about their shite in here.

Is their criteria for a landmark pub as follows: In Wolverhampton or surrounding area / Closed down / About to be knocked down

If someone in Wolverhampton has ever said turn at/walk past the pub, and someone else has known where they mean.

If someone in Wolverhampton has ever said turn at/walk past the pub but for fuck's sake do NOT go in, and someone else has known where they mean.

Fixed for you.

Another gem from the B&S to stir up the masses.

Wolves won’t offer Sako a new contract because of his current earnings and not knowing which division they will be in next season.

Have we ever known in October which Division we would be in next season?

Another gem from the B&S to stir up the masses.

Wolves won’t offer Sako a new contract because of his current earnings and not knowing which division they will be in next season.

Have we ever known in October which Division we would be in next season?

January with Dean Saunders.

How many Landmark pubs does Wolverhampton have?

The E&S have labelled the Goalpost and Wanderers as landmark pubs and have now done the same with the Neachells Pub.

Not Wolves stuff, but fuck it I will moan about their shite in here.
Did they also label Manhattans a landmark pub this week?

Not Wolves related but I've just noticed they've managed to get as many bacon sandwich eating style photos of Ed Milliband they could find for today's edition.

Well it's definitely yesterdays news now. Gets delivered at 9 in the morning now and only one edition.

I remember donkies ago when it had the latest scores on the bottom of the back page on a Saturday (at time of print obviously) for games that afternoon.

And if gets my goat with it's regular tabloid headlines........ it used to be a local paper for local people (The League of Gentleman stylie)

And if gets my goat with it's regular tabloid headlines........ it used to be a local paper for local people (The League of Gentleman stylie)
Whoever is in charge of the Twitter account is in competition with Sky News to break national news the quickest. Like you say not very local anymore.

:icon_lol:

Pretty sure they attached that label to The Crown in Codsall Wood too when the locals were trying to buy it as a co-operative (don't know if that went through in the end).

I suppose something can be a landmark for negative reasons as well as positive ones.

I suppose it's landmark in as much as I know where it is and what the building looks like...utter dive though. A single rung above The Pendulum and The Talisman if I'm being generous.

Always irked me that The Pendulum was such a shithole when I worked in Pendeford. Effectively ruled out a pub lunch unless someone could be persuaded to drive to the Woodman, and then time was tight.

I suppose you could argue that a pub is a 'landmark' by definition.

Back