• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I suppose it's landmark in as much as I know where it is and what the building looks like...utter dive though. A single rung above The Pendulum and The Talisman if I'm being generous.

Always irked me that The Pendulum was such a shithole when I worked in Pendeford. Effectively ruled out a pub lunch unless someone could be persuaded to drive to the Woodman, and then time was tight.

It fucking irks me that the Pendulum is such a dump. Mind you, keeps me in the house at night. If it were decent, I would probably walk down a couple of nights a week.

It $#@!ing irks me that the Pendulum is such a dump. Mind you, keeps me in the house at night. If it were decent, I would probably walk down a couple of nights a week.

You could've ventured down to The Dovecotes a few years back....... All of my locals have gone bar 1. The Wentworth, The Grapevine, The Staffs Vol, The Woodbine and soon the last one King Charles (maybe) according the E&S

The Hop Pole is a convenience store as well.

Yes and Bushbury Working Mens a KFC. The Island House (Croft) a derelict building, The Oxley a nothing now Land Rover has done one, Butlers Arms a Co-op (Kwik Save, Somerfield etc).

Three Tuns is a Chinese buffet.

I used to live in the flats where the Vine was.

I'm fortunate that I have three pubs within walking distance that are all of a very good standard and none of them seem to be in any imminent danger. However the Grange was derelict long before I moved here and remains so. The Wheel was knocked down about 15 years ago.

I'm fortunate that I have three pubs within walking distance that are all of a very good standard and none of them seem to be in any imminent danger. However the Grange was derelict long before I moved here and remains so. The Wheel was knocked down about 15 years ago.

:icon_evil: Green with envy

Pubs and Wolves is all I have and as said pubs are all but gone locally.

Not a fan of The Moreton and its a bit of a walk if I'm too drunk. Likewise The Mosely, Talisman and the food pub Pear Tree.

The Moreton was my local when I lived in Fordhouses. It was ok without ever being spectacular.

Bit wasted on me now, I don't drink much these days. Also the pubs near me are good but also expensive - £3.40 a pint in The Crown. I do go at least a couple of times a month, get on really well with the landlady etc, but that's too much to be doing regularly.

The Talisman is one of the worst pubs I've ever been in and I spent a few months living in Moss Side for context. The Moseley isn't a pub IMO/IMV.

The Moreton was my local when I lived in Fordhouses. It was ok without ever being spectacular.

Bit wasted on me now, I don't drink much these days. Also the pubs near me are good but also expensive - £3.40 a pint in The Crown. I do go at least a couple of times a month, get on really well with the landlady etc, but that's too much to be doing regularly.

The Talisman is one of the worst pubs I've ever been in and I spent a few months living in Moss Side for context. The Moseley isn't a pub IMO/IMV.

Agreed but you can get a drink there. You can drive past the Talisman at anytime of the day or night and there is usually a few cars/vans parked outside.

If the good lady and I pop out we tend to use the woodman. Quite nice in there, albeit generic steakhouse nice. The staff seem decent as well.

Yeah, the Woodman is ok. Slight bugbear that a couple of times of late, the bar has been locked up of an afternoon. I don't want to drink on my own in the dining area, I'm there for a quiet couple of pints and some darts practice. As such I don't think I've been in there since about May.

There are some good pubs in Lincolnshire, though we need to get a taxi to most of them.

Back