• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Everyone knew O'Hara was fucked.

No they didn't. Up until his 'comeback' everyone was cursing our luck for having him out injured for the first half of the season.

We could have an idiot like the Man U CEO who brought in Fellini for 27mil. Brilliant business.
The West Ham CEO who allegedly took thousands out of the club, and that's just two.

We could have an idiot like the Man U CEO who brought in Fellini for 27mil. Brilliant business.
The West Ham CEO who allegedly took thousands out of the club, and that's just two.
The same Man Utd CEO that has earned them multi, multi millions with the commercial deals he has done

We have done OK commercially considering where we are.

The same Man Utd CEO that has earned them multi, multi millions with the commercial deals he has done

I have to say this is good.
Imagine getting 16 trillion for selling the training kit rights..
And massive millions for that shit American car logo on the 1st team kit...
Yes, c'mon Jez, get yer finger out...

I wasn't comparing the two clubs just pointing out that Ed Woodward has done a phenomenal commercial job at United

Pretty easy work when you've got a brand as powerful as Manchester United to sell.

Everyone knew O'Hara was fucked.

Just to further disprove this (I'm very bored). I've just had a quick read of this thread http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showth...ckburn-The-Verdict-Thread&highlight=Blackburn. One of O'Hara's first games back after injury.

Alan USA said:
We really looked the better side once O'Hara came on.

Marsto said:
Great to see O'hara on and being so influential; how long did that take, 5 seconds or so?

Wolf Hunting said:
O'Hara made a big difference when he came on,

slink said:
O'Hara is a quality footballer and was badly missed under the last manager, his pass for the goal was outstanding.

Bandyrastard said:
Once O'Hara came on things seemed to change and I thought our defence looked good for once.

Paul said:
With Ohara and Peszko coming back in I suddenly have high hopes

All from the first page of that thread. Hardly the words of fans who knew O'Hara was finished.

P.S. That thread is exceptional btw. Saunders first game in charge. Some awesome arguments and opinions in there.

Agreed, but he has maximized its potential which wasn't happening prior to him joining

Ah right, so when Moxey does a good deal it's all down to him, but when he fails he takes advise of someone else.

I don't recall saying that. However, a number of people are saying the flip side which is what many of us are arguing against.

Look, I don't have problem with Moxey, but his dealings over the last 3 years and double relegation is not good enough for a CEO.

The same can be said about the entire club, from it's owner to it's fans. In the last year the majority of the cancer has been removed, with everyone else having to learn from their mistakes. Hence Thelwell having the roll he has which allows Moxey to, in theory, focus on the other aspects of managing the Wolves' brand.

No?

Ah Yes... Peszko!
I really liked him, thought he showed raw desire, and an excellent disregard for reputations.
When he played before he mysteriously vanished, I thought we showed glimmers of promise.

Just to further disprove this (I'm very bored). I've just had a quick read of this thread http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showth...ckburn-The-Verdict-Thread&highlight=Blackburn. One of O'Hara's first games back after injury.

All from the first page of that thread. Hardly the words of fans who knew O'Hara was finished.

P.S. That thread is exceptional btw. Saunders first game in charge. Some awesome arguments and opinions in there.

Okay, not all then, but it was discussed many times on here that O'Hara was fucked and would never recover.

Ah Yes... Peszko!
I really liked him, thought he showed raw desire, and an excellent disregard for reputations.
When he played before he mysteriously vanished, I thought we showed glimmers of promise.

Pezcko was one of the better deals we did that summer. Loan, so little risk and looked decent when he played.

Pezcko was one of the better deals we did that summer. Loan, so little risk and looked decent when he played.

Plus he seemed to actually understand Stale's system. He and Foley combined pretty well from what I remember.

Had a read through and although I wasn't exactly purring about the performance (it was merely 'ok') I'll still get me coat for this gem:

Thought Davis did well tonight but O'Hara was everywhere, communicated well, got stuck in and has that bit of extra class about him. As soon as he's fit enough, he's the first name on the team sheet for me.

:icon_lol:

Rancid tactics, an appalling line-up, terrible football. If that's what we've signed up to with Sergeant Saunders then frankly you can leave me out of it.

DW set his stall out from the start then!

DW set his stall out from the start then!

That was as kind as he got towards El Deano. 'Sgt Saunders' is decidedly more respectful than 'that fucking empty brained cuntwaffle' as most people ended up likening him to.

Back