• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

For a business with our turnover, Jez is one of the highest paid CEOs in the country, pound for pound. I don't think we get our money's worth on that. You have to go back as far as Fletcher and Jarvis for the last good sale fee - and we may not have been in that position had he employed a football manager rather than Terry Connor. For the portion of turnover that his package costs us, I think we should have expected much better over the last few years, commercially, PR-wise, and from the key football decisions he's been responsible for. He's a nice bloke, and can talk football well, and clearly works very, very hard - but I just don't think he's value for money. It's like paying Craig Davies the wages that Romelu Lukaku is on.

It could be argued that the protracted sales of Jarvis and Fletcher ruined our pre season preparations for the Championship season. That being said Solbakken may have purchased a few extra duds.

There is a reason why he is still here that makes it completely different to the CEO at say Tesco. One shareholder - name S Morgan, versus millions of shareholders including influential hedge funds, pension funds, insurers, who can put pressure on the Chairman to dispose of the CEO.

Yep. I can understand why he wanted to keep him when he bought the club, there ae plenty of valid reasons for that. But with Thelwell's more influential role, I think we need to reassess what we want from our CEO. We could get similar commercial output for half of the current spend. Though the pay off would potentially be prohibitive, I'd suspect.

Have Wolves during Moxeys tenure made as much money for the owner/club as was possible, no. The club has failed to reach its potential and has suffered because of that financially.

Back to back relegations. Doh.

And also, surprisingly, I show an interest in what goes on at Wolves.
So you, as well as many others on here it seems, can spot their weaknesses and failures a lot easier than their strengths and successes?

Seems a very specific talent.

A sentiment echoed on at least 92 message boards across the country :)
From the position Wolves were in after season 1959/60 has any other English club under achieved as much as Wolves during the next half century?

Nice arbitrary timeframe there.

No-one has underachieved more in English football relative to the position they were in as of 1990 than Liverpool.

No-one has underachieved more in English football relative to the position they were in as of 2001 than Leeds.

What about the amazing value for money deals to bring in the likes of Jacobs, Henry, Dicko et al. Should Moxey be getting credit for that?

What about the amazing value for money deals to bring in the likes of Jacobs, Henry, Dicko et al. Should Moxey be getting credit for that?

Of course not Machin. You should know better than that......!!!

Why would be? We have a de facto director of football now. Should Thelwall be applauded for a sponsorship deal?

If Morgan lost Moxey (at great cost) he wouldn't employ another CEO, he'd run it himself. No ta.

Why would be? We have a de facto director of football now. Should Thelwall be applauded for a sponsorship deal?

I was thinking more the cost than the players themselves.

None of them were signifiacantly below market rate considering their careers to date/contractual situations/status, were they? That Thelwell and Jackett identified potential to improve them and succesfully implemented that is largely immaterial to the purchase price at that time.

During Kenny Jackett's managerial career whats the highest transfer fee that he has paid and for whom?

How much was Clarke?

Back