• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

None of them were signifiacantly below market rate considering their careers to date/contractual situations/status, were they? That Thelwell and Jackett identified potential to improve them and succesfully implemented that is largely immaterial to the purchase price at that time.

Indeed, it wasn't as if they were Small money signings for a league 1 team. I f their careers were doing well would they have dropped to league 1?

I get the impression Moxey is sometimes just a bit of a human shield for Morgan. That said, having read the Simon Jordan autobiography, I think it's easy to see what Moxey brings to the table from Morgans perspective. As said further up, I'd much rather have Moxey taking care if the day to day stuff rather than Morgan. I think his knowledge of football business is an asset to our club

What about the amazing value for money deals to bring in the likes of Jacobs, Henry, Dicko et al. Should Moxey be getting credit for that?

If he does he has to wear the blame for Clarke, Boukari, Margrietter, Pennant, Peszcko and Siggy.

As an administrator he is average and I agree with Del and Penk, I fail to see what Moxey adds to the club (other than a meat shield for Morgan). An expensive CEO past his sell by date.

There are better more forward thinking CEO's out there I'm sure and I think Wolves need a change.

A CEO with integrity would have resigned after the second relegation by which time the the owner had appointed 2 managers above his head, with catastrophic (in relative terms) consequences.

If you take it out of a football context in what other business would the biggest strategic decision be taken without the CEO being at the forefront of it...twice?

With the infrastructure we have at the club we don't need a CEO, we need a CFO/FD reporting into Morgan.

Biggest problem for me is the length of time he has been there. After (very) many years of work have found that 8 years is the maximum I can take in one place before I get stale & probably start operating at less than optimum efficiency. Even if I then go and do the same job elsewhere find that I have been invigorated.

Allows fresh eyes to look at any issues.

Agree with Tony though - any CEO who had presided over 2 consecutive disastrous years for a business of our size would have likely been shown the door.

A CEO with integrity would have resigned after the second relegation by which time the the owner had appointed 2 managers above his head, with catastrophic (in relative terms) consequences. So, by your own admission, not solely his fault. Yes a CEO with integrity should have resigned, but very few (if any) actually would.

If you take it out of a football context in what other business would the biggest strategic decision be taken without the CEO being at the forefront of it...twice?
I don't think it was a strategic decision to get relegated

With the infrastructure we have at the club we don't need a CEO, we need a CFO/FD reporting into Morgan.

The only problem if we do get rid is, who do we blame then ??

If he does he has to wear the blame for Clarke, Boukari, Margrietter, Pennant, Peszcko and Siggy.

As an administrator he is average and I agree with Del and Penk, I fail to see what Moxey adds to the club (other than a meat shield for Morgan). An expensive CEO past his sell by date.

There are better more forward thinking CEO's out there I'm sure and I think Wolves need a change.

Depends on if you thought they were good value transfers at the time. Clarke aside, I think we all knew we were getting a bargain with Dicko, Jacobs, McDonald etc as it was often said at the time. Apart from Pennant (which I believe was all Moxey's doing) it was Stale who wanted Boukari, Margs, Siggy etc, Moxey just did his job in securing a good price for them - no one was borking at the fees we paid back then. No one was to know it was all about to go to absolute shit!

Depends on if you thought they were good value transfers at the time. Clarke aside, I think we all knew we were getting a bargain with Dicko, Jacobs, McDonald etc as it was often said at the time. Apart from Pennant (which I believe was all Moxey's doing) it was Stale who wanted Boukari, Margs, Siggy etc, Moxey just did his job in securing a good price for them - no one was borking at the fees we paid back then. No one was to know it was all about to go to absolute shit!

Offering Boukari, Siggy & Margrietter a 4 year deal was not good business, especially after what has happened with O'Hara.

Offering Boukari, Siggy & Margrietter a 4 year deal was not good business, especially after what has happened with O'Hara.

sp_1411_clip05.jpg

You must have missed the 'what happened to O'Hara bit'.

And to offer 4 year deals to unknown foreign players is madness in itself. No hindsight needed for that.

No one knew Boukhari would break as he did, while both Sigurdasrson and Margrietter were expected to be here for the long term given their age and expectations. As for O'Hara, again it wasn't anticipated he'd fall so far.

It's so easy to place blame with hindsight, isn't it?

And to offer 4 year deals to unknown foreign players is madness in itself. No hindsight needed for that.

Which, of course, it your opinion. Do you honestly feel Moxey did this on a whim or is it more likely the length of the deal to be offered was decided upon recommendations from the guy who "knew" about them and wanted them for his revolution? At the time, Stale's judgement was trusted...

At the time we signed those players O'Hara (and the rest of the 'Old Guard) was still considered a valuable member of the squad.

Which, of course, it your opinion. Do you honestly feel Moxey did this on a whim or is it more likely the length of the deal to be offered was decided upon recommendations from the guy who "knew" about them and wanted them for his revolution? At the time, Stale's judgement was trusted...

Ah right, so when Moxey does a good deal it's all down to him, but when he fails he takes advise of someone else.

Look, I don't have problem with Moxey, but his dealings over the last 3 years and double relegation is not good enough for a CEO.

Back