• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

Just reading the double page spread on Saturday's game. They don't get any better.

From Nash's report: "Like the other league game he (Sako) missed after Wolves turned down Forest's advances, the team won away and scored three times. Unlike the triumph at Port Vale though, Wolves had no grandstand finish to withstand".

Excuse me Timbo, but I believe Vale scored in injury time when we were 3-0 up. Grandstand stuff indeed.

And from the upcoming fixtures: "Coventry have always been a bit of a bogey side".

Leaving aside that this isn't evidenced at all, we've won our last three games against Coventry at Molineux.

5-4-7 in total for recent years but at home we have done better in recent seasons.Hardly a bogey side at home

2008/2009 Sat 07 Feb Coventry City 2 - 1 Wolves Championship
Sat 18 Oct Wolves 2 - 1 Coventry City Championship
2007/2008 Sat 26 Apr Coventry City 1 - 1 Wolves Championship
Sat 06 Oct Wolves 1 - 0 Coventry City Championship
2006/2007 Tue 13 MarCoventry City 2 - 1 Wolves Championship
Tue 17 Oct Wolves 1 - 0 Coventry City Championship
2005/2006 Sat 08 Apr Wolves 2 - 2 Coventry City Championship
Mon 02 Jan Coventry City 2 - 0 Wolves Championship
2004/2005 Sat 16 Apr Coventry City 2 - 2 Wolves Championship
Sat 20 Nov Wolves 0 - 1 Coventry City Championship
2002/2003 Sat 14 Dec Wolves 0 - 2 Coventry City League Division One
Sat 16 Nov Coventry City 0 - 2 Wolves League Division One
2001/2002 Sun 13 Jan Wolves 3 - 1 Coventry City League Division One
Sun 19 Aug Coventry City 0 - 1 Wolves League Division One

From todays sensationalist stirring ohara article:
Every player with the exception of one un-named star who has left Wolves since relegation to League One has been forced to take a pay cut.
Nailed on to start a shed load of rumours - with nothing to back it up.

I assume you're highlighting the poor English? Even me, who should understand poor English, can't understand that.

It's missing a pair of commas.

It's also bullshit as no-one would be "forced" to do anything, it was made quite clear by the club in around March that there were no clauses for wage reductions inserted into contracts in the event of dropping down to League One (mainly because such a situation was pretty much unthinkable when we were signing all those players). It might well be that everyone bar the Mystery Man has had a wage cut but it would be voluntary and following consultation with the club. It's also entirely at odds with their claims about Doyle and his pay packet over the last few months.

Hang on. These are the chaps who are still here? The ones who have had contracts with Wolverhampton Wanderers signed before relegation without a clause to cover relegation to league one?

How exactly would you force that as you are effectively renegotiating a contract from a position of weakness. The correct term is paycuts were mutually negotiated, but that makes shite copy.

Some more shit stirring on the back of todays favourite shitrag i see.
You know where you can stick ya not very conclusive poll results.

Let's take a poll which anybody can vote in, a colossal 55% vote we should play him and make out every Wolves fan wants him to play. I'd imagine he has an appearance fee built into his contract, which for me says he should never play for us again, it's bad enough that we have to pay his wages. I'm not sure he would have made any difference today anyway.

I see Tim is banging on about the poll again on Twitter this afternoon. Why doesn't he give it a rest and go enjoy the sunshine?

Still banging on about O'Hara today. Both in Swain's column and in his own match report (the Nashbot must be celebrating his Newshound of the Year Award). The only problem is that he openly acknowledges that around 4,000 votes were cast. So given the 55:45 split that means that 2,200 people, not all of them necessarily Wolves fans, not all of them necessarily match-attending fans who watched O'Hara in the last two seasons or any of our games this season, have clicked 'yes' on an anonymous, single issue, insignificant internet poll designed to be published and promoted at a very specific time where midfield creativity is an issue. Around 12% of the home attendance on Saturday. Probably fair to say the boys at Gallup aren't quaking in their boots.

I still can't understand why Laurel & Hardy are still banging on about this. It is clear that he will probably not play for us again and Jackett has made it clear but these idiots who call themselves journalists on a slow news day must continue to bang on pining for attention like that drunk chick in a night club.

They want to sell their paper and generate hits on their site. For those purposes, Jamie o'hara is valuable copy. It doesn't matter that kenny jackett has made it utterly abundantly clear that o'hara will not feature.

They maybe desperate to sell papers but their is a fine line between reporting a story and plain trolling to get a reaction out of our fans.

Back