• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 3-1 Wolves: The Verdict

I noticed Spiers wasn't with Judah today. Hopefully both have spoken after and sorted stuff out.

The squad is thin and the over achieving us catching us up. Rome wasn't built in a day, ger a couple more wins finish above 50 and then enjoy what Nuno us going to bring in this summer.

The squad is thin and the over achieving us catching us up. Rome wasn't built in a day, ger a couple more wins finish above 50 and then enjoy what Nuno us going to bring in this summer.

Spot on.

We’re going to win nothing and finish 10th, aren’t we?

Disappointing considering some of the ‘moments’ we’ve had this season (competing with the top 6 etc) but I guess 9 out of 10 of us would have accepted that at the start of the season.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think there’s a massive amount wrong with the gimp from the E&S’ question either. Bit of an overreaction from Nuno.

I didn't expect us to make the Europa League, even when we were briefly 6th or whatever. Hence me betting two people that we wouldn't.

I had us down to finish 8th-12th. If anything so far we have exceeded my expectations anyway. I think we will finish 8th now personally. Leicester have four tough remaining games and I think Watford may lose their focus in the league run-in.

I didn't expect us to make the Europa League, even when we were briefly 6th or whatever. Hence me betting two people that we wouldn't.

No but in fairness you would not have backed us to win at spurs draw at arsenal Chelsea and man u either. Given the record against the top six 7th should have been nailed on. Now its tight to unlikely. I understand those who are disappointed. About two thirds of us thought we would finish top 10 in our poll on here if you count those that said top 6 or higher to. So really we are a little better than expected. Not world beaters, on the right track, capable of great performances yet prone to inconsistency particularly on our travels.

We will finish 7th. Whether that is Europa is down to Manchester City.

That wasn't the point. But agreed there is a huge gap. We will close it.

No but in fairness you would not have backed us to win at spurs draw at arsenal Chelsea and man u either. Given the record against the top six 7th should have been nailed on. Now its tight to unlikely. I understand those who are disappointed. About two thirds of us thought we would finish top 10 in our poll on here if you count those that said top 6 or higher to. So really we are a little better than expected. Not world beaters, on the right track, capable of great performances yet prone to inconsistency particularly on our travels.

Mid-table teams are inconsistent. That's why they are in mid-table. They win some games out of nowhere and lose others out of nowhere. Look at West Ham (who we are miles better than), one of the worst performances I've seen at any level this season vs Everton a couple of weeks ago, and today they've outplayed United at Old Trafford.

Of course there is an alternative to that. You become West Ham under Alan Curbishley. They never moved between about 9th and 11th. They essentially beat nearly everyone you would expect them to beat, and lost to nearly everyone who was objectively better than them. The lukewarm water of seasons. I don't think I want to sign up for that.

Mid-table teams are inconsistent. That's why they are in mid-table. They win some games out of nowhere and lose others out of nowhere. Look at West Ham (who we are miles better than), one of the worst performances I've seen at any level this season vs Everton a couple of weeks ago, and today they've outplayed United at Old Trafford.

Of course there is an alternative to that. You become West Ham under Alan Curbishley. They never moved between about 9th and 11th. They essentially beat nearly everyone you would expect them to beat, and lost to nearly everyone who was objectively better than them. The lukewarm water of seasons. I don't think I want to sign up for that.

I don't remember Fosun stating they wanted mid table lukewarm stuff. I am grading us against the stated ambition. They took the piss out of the Leicester owner who said he wanted champion's league football within 5 years when they got promoted. Howls of derision. He got it in three and they are still top half. I think that we may look back on this season and say it could and probably should have been even better. It sounds ungrateful, but looking at who we have beaten then looking at who we have lost to its no wonder we tear our hair out. The other mid table teams all have a much better record against the teams that started the day in the bottom 6. They also have a worse record against the top 6. So that means that we are the most inconsistent of those teams and all I want is for that to be acknowledged and addressed or next season will be harder.

History will show that we beat two of the champions league quarter finalists on our cup run but nearly went out to Shrewsbury before being turned around by Watford. Sums it up completely.

Oh come on. If we finish SEVENTH, which is still VERY much on, how much better were we supposed to finish.

You are talking fucking bollocks.

You're damn right it sounds ungrateful.

Yes, Fosun want and expect better than 7th and a points tally in the low 50s. Not in 2018/19 they don't though as they aren't mental.

Oh come on. If we finish SEVENTH, which is still VERY much on, how much better were we supposed to finish.

You are talking fucking bollocks.

There is a huge difference with 7th and 65 points to 7th with 54 on goal difference which is about how it can finish given those games. Clean up your rose tinted specs.

Here we go again. Its Cyber kicking time.

Moving out from a corner, especially if you are on the posts, is back to basics. Ball watching you see in parks all the time, you shouldn't see Adama do it as often as he does.

Why is Traore even there at corners?
He should be halfway line worrying defenders.

Deservedly fucking so. Talk shite and get called for it.

I love the way you dismiss facts as shite when they come from me . So you really don't think we have been inconsistent this season...,....... Right. You then disagree with pretty much every pundit, sports journalist etc that I listen to or read but its Cyber bollocks isn't it?

Cyber seriously what is wrong with you. I’ve defended you at times but this is just bonkers.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You raise some valid points at times but then lose all credibility by going off on one spouting total bollocks. It makes you come across as a WUM or an idiot, when I know that’s not the case.

Why is Traore even there at corners?
He should be halfway line worrying defenders.

We won't shift our entire system off set pieces just for him. He came on for Doc and played in the same position so he will just take his role.

There isn't any excuse for him doing that today.

Back