• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Societal collapse?

Why do you ask?
Just a genuine interest really. I suppose in my mind for someone to find someone else not ordinary they probably consider themselves ordinary. Or maybe not. I don’t know, hence the question.

Just a genuine interest really. I suppose in my mind for someone to find someone else not ordinary they probably consider themselves ordinary. Or maybe not. I don’t know, hence the question.

Somebody who is always right is not ordinary, they are extraordinary.

Ordinary vs perceived difference seems to be at the heart of all this sadly.

Similar psychological phenomena as people generally reporting themselves as “middle class” regardless of actual income level (at least, we see that in the states), perhaps.

People like to think they’re the normal ones.

Similar psychological phenomena as people generally reporting themselves as “middle class” regardless of actual income level (at least, we see that in the states), perhaps.

People like to think they’re the normal ones.
Normal and ordinary are not the same thing.

Bullies will always be bullies, the police need to start wading in and cracking a few heads, they’d soon be on the run.

Years in the Tory making and Starmer finds himself the one holding the hand grenade with the pin removed. Could get a lot worse this unfortunately.

Feels like we're in a very dangerous position. Anti racism and minority groups are now starting to retaliate, if someone is seriously hurt or worse still killed, the 'other side' will use it as justification to ramp up the violence.

We’re better placed with Labour in office, no doubt about that. There will be a fair few watching to see how he deals with the seemingly impossible task of stopping the boats long term though. It is something a lot of reasonable people want doing yet his solution seems to be stopping the people smugglers (won’t happen) and having an efficient asylum system (aka waving everyone through quicker) which I suspect would only make things a whole lot worse.

Bit of a nightmare situation tbh.

Pretty sure open borders is the only way to stop the boats and that’ll end well.

Back